About Our Client
Our client is a dynamic and entrepreneurial FMCG food business with a portfolio of some of the most desirable and loved premium food brands in the UK. The brands are well established in the UK and forging their way in Europe and internationally too.
This is a very rare opportunity to progress your brand marketing career within a talented, passionate team and in a business where you will get real ownership and be able to make your mark.
About the Role
You will support the marketing manager in delivering the continued success of the UK portfolio, shaping the development and delivery of the agreed brand plans across all markets.
Using consumer insight and market data you will be responsible for monitoring and driving the performance of the brand through sound marketing strategy and activation. You will ensure the brand plan is implemented to high standards with the flair and creativity associated with the brand.
Support the development of annual brand plans
- Play a key role in the development of the brand plans across UK, and key European markets
- Support the development of the brand’s activation programme and work with agency’s to deliver activities.
- Assist in the communication/sell-in of the finalised brand plans both internally and externally
- Work with sales teams to ensure full alignment to any strategic thinking and activation development.
Support the delivery of the agreed communications plan
- Help shape the media plans where relevant and support the marketing manager in comms devleopment
- Work with the brand team to ensure that activation is consistent with country specific delivery.
- Build strong working relationship with agency teams to ensure that brand activation plans are delivered flawlessly.
- Keep abreast of key industry developments and opportunities and borrow from excellence in other categories to apply in activation and share with wider team.
- Measure results of campaign elements on a regular basis, applying learnings and best practise to future activity.
Support the delivery of our innovation pipeline
- Act as the brand guardian , shape insight, support the business approval process
- Lead packaging design and artwork development
- Own the development of any innovation specific communication from briefing to delivery
Optimise and manage a high performing product portfolio:
- Continuous monitoring of consumer, company and market data and work closely with innovation, sales, category and finance teams ensure the right product offering is available in your market.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and must consistently display a confident, friendly and enthusiastic approach.
- Empathetic, articulate and measured in argument to project their views with different stakeholders internally and externally.
- Display confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations.
- Demonstrate strong influencing skills upwards within the organisation and with the commercial team.
- Possesses excellent organisational, planning and time management skills. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to effectively operate in a fast-paced working environment and needs to enjoy a challenge and thrive in uncertainty and change.
- Comfortable making decisions without perfect knowledge or information. Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills and possess creative solutions in problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that enable the individual to inform, help and liaise with internal and external contacts effectively at all levels.
- To have a go-getter attitude, proactive in project work and delivering tasks.
- Have a genuine interest and passion for food.
- At least two years marketing experience, preferably in an FMCG environment.
Need to Have
- A good all round general education, GCSE’s in English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Educated to degree level, upper second class honours or above (preferably a degree in business or management or marketing).
- Fluency in French and or German would be a bonus.