Service Design Lead
My client, a user experience consultancy based in London, is looking for a Service Design Lead to join the team. You will have a minimum of 5 years experience in service design and will have extensive experience of the whole process from initial research through to strategy, design workshops and design deliverables. You will be confident in questioning briefs and suggesting innovative methodologies to suit project objectives. You will be comfortable working as part of a small team, as well as running things on your own.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams to produce exceptional digital experiences, whilst balancing the needs of users and clients throughout.
- Playing a key role in an exciting mix of user experience work which will include research, flows, user stories, sketching, wireframing, sitemaps, journey maps, blueprints and prototypes.
- Planning and facilitating workshops with clients or customers including co-creation, priority ranking, value proposition, service definition and user experience mapping.
- Working directly with stakeholders involving them openly in your processes, helping them distil project goals and objectives into project requirements and championing the needs of customers throughout the project.
- Inspiring co-workers and sharing knowledge and skills with the team, recognising potential in the latest technology and other trends.
- Good time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Continually evaluating and improving methods and processes to ensure we are always offering the best solution to clients and their customers
- High standard of report writing, making it easier for clients to connect the dots with clear communication and actionable recommendations
- Attending at least 1 design event every quarter to keep up to date with the latest trends and methodologies
- Contributing to internal projects, writing articles and blog posts on relevant service design topics of sectors of interest
- Conducting regular feedback sessions with colleagues who line into you, and running professional development planning sessions twice a year
- Taking a leading role in responding to briefs, preparing and presenting at pitches
- Representing the company at conferences and events, taking responsibility for internal marketing opportunities such as round tables, breakfast events and training workshops
- Supporting the Director and other Service Design Lead with on going recruitment for an ever growing team
- Supporting the Project Manager and Account Directors with internal tasks, ensuring your team's personal objectives are represented in project planning activities
- Constantly looking to improve what we do and selling in new ideas to the client including re-positioning the skill-set to include Service Design and Digital Transformation.
- Extensive experience researching and designing digital services and applying strategic thinking to the process
- An understanding/experience of various research methodologies including contextual interviews, stakeholder interviews and user feedback sessions (lab based)
- Bringing designs to life through prototypes (with a range of tools)
- Bringing services and experiences to life through user journeys and service blueprints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Graphics/illustration capability is desirable
- Highly motivated and self-managing
- Experience working within an agency environment
- Minimum 5 years in a Service design role
- Bachelor's degree in Product design, Service design, UX/UI design, Psychology or other relevant fields
- You must have the legal right to live and work in the UK
If interested to hear more about this position then please drop me a line on