Client Services Director
We require an experienced, commercially-oriented B2B media leader or senior Account Director from an agency background to lead our new Client Services team responsible for managing relationships with Haymarket’s fast-growing portfolio of Professional Association clients.
These clients now include some of the largest and best-known member-based bodies in the UK such as Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), Royal College of GPs (RCGP) and British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI). Together these contracts generate in excess of £11m turnover per year through a range of b2b media-based activities including print magazines, digital content, lead generation, client content marketing, jobs boards, conferences, trade shows, awards and forums.
The successful candidate will also be expected to lead all of our Business Development activities as we aim to expand the portfolio significantly in coming years in order to meet our objective of becoming the largest and best strategic communications partner in the UK for blue-chip professional associations and member-based bodies.
In this senior leadership role, the CSD will report directly into the Managing Director of Haymarket Business Media (HBM). Many of the UK’s most famous and long-standing b2b and professional media brands -- such as Campaign, PR Week, MIMS and Third Sector -- are also part of HBM.
The Client Services Director will have a single view across the whole Associations business from print and online to conferences and awards, and all associated commercial activity, ensuring we are delivering against client objectives and KPIs for the business, and in doing so both securing and growing our existing relationships.
The CSD will be expected to work closely and collaboratively with the various internal teams involved in delivering the Association services including editorial, sales, conferences, exhibitions and awards. However, the key internal relationships will be with the Business Directors who are responsible for each of the media brands connected with or operated under the association licence. These are currently:
Business Director, People Management, The Work, and Supply Management (CIPD, CIPS)
Business Director, MIMS (RCGP)
Business Director, Horticulture Week (BALI)
The Client Services Director (CSD) is responsible for:
a) Managing and developing the overall relationship between our portfolio of professional association clients and Haymarket.
b) Developing the portfolio by building new association relationships, taking on existing prospective clients, identifying new leads, responding to tenders and client briefs, making pitches and constructing compelling client propositions in terms of meeting communications and business objectives
c) Managing collaboratively with multiple teams in order to ensure all communications services are performed above and beyond client expectations and delivering against our contractual KPIs
d) Managing client P&Ls directly and working closely with the Business Directors to ensure brand P&Ls that incorporate association activities are also met.
e) Line manage the team of 2/3 Account Managers/Directors who form HBM’s Client Services Group.
The CSD is expected to:
- Take a lead role in managing relationships directly with the client and also to ensure the new Client Services team is set up and line managed appropriately in order to deliver relationship management to standards required by the Professional Association clients.
- Represent the interests of Haymarket within the Associations and sell into the associations new business ideas or revenue-generating activities. This requires working collaboratively with the Business Directors to develop a pipeline of new commercial projects or tactical opportunities to keep growing the revenues for both client and HBM (e.g new live events, yield management plans, new digital advertising projects etc)
- Take the lead role in understanding each Professional Association’s organisational objectives and strategically building the overall relationship at C-Suite level, with the aim of growing the long term business opportunity for Haymarket. (I.e by broadening the relationship to incorporate all media services such as events or CPD/e-learning)
- Take responsibility for delivering each Professional Association budget in relation to its activities with Haymarket.
- Be accountable to the client for Haymarket’s delivery of all media activities, to the agreed standards, working in conjunction with the relevant editorial, business and events directors.
- Take responsibility for the negotiating and setting (as necessary), and the delivery, of business, SLA and KPI targets agreed with Professional Associations.
- Take responsibility for the accuracy, usefulness and timeliness of all reporting and invoicing as required by the client. (Including meeting notes, forecasting, commercial reports, market reports etc)
- Develop valuable, expert knowledge of our Professional Associations and their markets in the UK and overseas