The Data Science Team at Havas Group UK are looking for a first or second jobber with a passion for Marketing and Data.
Our Data Science team are at the forefront of providing analytical measurement solutions which help our clients understand their customers, and plan and optimise their marketing investments.
We are responsible for: providing solutions to prove effectiveness across a core set of KPIs, aiding strategists and planners in the setting and phasing of media budgets, developing income generating opportunities and helping clients to solve business problems using data.
As well as building econometric models, we are continually looking for new and innovative ways to measure effectiveness and are developing new products, including in the area of integrated TV and digital attribution. We are also further developing our expertise in customer data analytics and the use of unstructured data to generate insights that feed the agency planning process.
As a Data Scientist you will help us discover the insights hidden in huge amounts of our own, our clients, and 3rd party datasets with the objective of making their marketing and advertising activity more effective and efficient.
You will take questions from both internal and external clients and turn these into problems that can be solved through analytics. You’ll identify the data required; enrich it by connecting it other data sources; and process, clean and mine it. You will be able to apply a broad range of analytical techniques to answer these questions and you’ll build models that predict outcomes. Although you will have an existing area of technical expertise – this might be machine learning or statistics –you’ll be conversant with other methodologies and comfortable recommending the appropriate solution.
You will play a key role in Data Science product development, including taking responsibility for developing new techniques and products and promoting these internally and to our clients. You will also continue to develop your technical skills through working with Data teams at ‘Havas Village’.
Who we’re looking for:
• Undergraduate or higher degree in a numerate subject (or equivalentexperience)
• Advanced knowledge of applied statistics and machine learning techniques in commercial application
• Broad knowledge of Data Science applications
• Proficient with statistical software (e.g. R/Python/SAS)
• Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau/D3/Shiny/Plotly) is a plus
• Comfortable handing large datasets (e.g. SQL/Hadoop/Spark/Other) is a plus
• Expert with Excel and PowerPoint
• Media experience is a plus
• You love coding and think analytically
• You’re a curious, creative problem solver, applying critical thinking at every stage of a project
• You’re highly self-motivated, but are happy working as part of a team
• You have strong communication skills with an ability to tell data stories to stakeholders
• You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• You are interested in business, marketing and advertising
• You participate in Hackathons or solve other data questions (desirable)
• You are interested in the latest trends in Data Science and technology(desirable)