We are Havas UK. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between people and brands to drive business success with one vision, one voice and one P&L. Havas is the only truly integrated marketing and communications company in the UK.
A multi-disciplinary offering, all united under one leadership, all in one building. Advertising, media, data and technology, digital, social, mobile, CRM, UX, sports and entertainment, public relations, corporate communications, healthcare, design, research, employer branding and recruitment.
Clients can select one, some, or all of these services depending on their needs, via one Havas business lead.
We build teams around clients’ needs, not our agenda. Collaborating for our clients and with our clients, to get to better. This is a more streamlined, faster, more effective and more cost efficient way to make a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and the lives of the people we work with.
This is an exciting account manager opportunity which will be working with one of our biggest clients. As part of an established planning team, you will work to support O2. This role will involve media planning across multi- media channels (offline and online) with a strong focus on digital campaigns.
It will also be heavily involved in developing strategy and implementation of campaigns working closely with the client to achieve results. O2 are an innovative client and this role requires someone who is always ready to challenge the status quo as well as still delivering at a consistent and effective level.
- The planning and implementation of media campaigns.
- The analysis of reports for relevant clients
- Client facing presentations on media strategy/ planning, campaign recommendations and subsequent results
- Management of account executives, delegation of work to deliver high quality work in a timely manner
- Media innovation (e.g. new creative formats, new platforms, media firsts etc.)
- The ability to work with the agency’s trading desk proposition within their accounts
- The ability to educate both clients and colleagues in terms of the ever changing world of media
- Taking over operational responsibility for the account team, and supporting the senior team members in delivering a strategic vision for planning
- Manage development/mentoring of junior people within the team
- Monitor day to day aspects of junior employees’ work to ensure high quality output and manage the group’s workload
- Set benchmarks for personal development within team
- Provide on the job training and learning opportunities for junior people
- Delegate successfully to deliver high quality work promptly into the partner teams
- Work smoothly as part of the integrated process and deliver integrated thinking across client teams, strategy and product areas
- Manage client accounts effectively on a day to day basis
- Manage and support Account Managers and Account Executives on specific accounts
- Recommending the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations
- Working with colleagues, other departments and media buyers either in-house or in a specialist agency
- Making and maintaining good contacts with media owners, such as newspapers, magazines and websites
- Managing client relationships to build respect and trust in your judgement
- Maintaining detailed records
- Evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns in order to inform future campaign
Who We’re Looking For:
- The ideal candidate will come from a media agency with substantial experience of cross channel media including offline and digital
- Ideally you will understand the wider media landscape actively understanding the clients integrated approach and business aims
- Have experience of managing people and have an abundance of client facing experience and skills
- Ambitious, fun with a ‘work hard play hard’ attitude
- You should have the drive to achieve results in a friendly manner but at the same time maintain quality and standards
- You should have the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
- Strong communication skills and coping with challenging situations are integral to the function
- Flexibility, variety and pace are also important aspects within the role, as is an attitude of responsibility
- Strong ability to multi task and manage/ priorities the multiple requests that come with being an AM in client planning
- Strong attention to detail is imperative
- Process driven and organised
- Cross media planning (offline and online)
- Cross media implementation experience (offline and online)
- Telmar/ TGI/NRS
- Microsoft Office - Basic use of key functions such as PowerPoint, Excel