3 days left
To generate ideas, create content and deliver Contagious thinking to our audience of brands and agencies. The majority of content is articles written for Contagious I/O and Contagious Magazine, but there may be the opportunity to contribute to other parts of the business, e.g. presenting at Contagious events, delivering briefings and speaking at conferences.
Specifically, the role will include
- Writing analytical coverage of some of the world’s most innovative marketing campaigns
- Interviewing the people who developed the strategies behind those campaigns
- Identifying trends that are impacting marketing
- Writing in-depth features on the most successful brands in the world
- Generating strong opinions and turning these into compelling posts
- Investigating specific areas in greater depth (e.g. AI or the future of content)
- Finding and interviewing academics who are pushing forward relevant fields of study
- Select and suggest campaigns, features,topics and trends that are timely and relevant to Contagious, based on work submitted to the company and your own research
- Attend and contribute to daily editorial meetings
- Stay up-to-date with relevant news and developments and share knowledge with the team
- Meet with agencies/brands/startups/PR companies and build contacts globally
- Write I/O stories each week
- Write articles for Contagious Magazine each quarter
- Interview people, either in person or on the phone
Key Performance Indicators
1. Producing copy that is factually accurate, well written, well researched and requires a minimal amount of sub-editing or additions at the proofing stage
2. Generating ideas that the team agree should be covered
3. Keeping abreast of the global shifts in our fields of interest and being able to demonstrate that knowledge
- 4+ years of experience in an agency or other relevant company
- Knowledge of advertising, technology and business
- Knowledge of marketing theory and other relevant fields (i.e. behavioural economics)
- Genuine enthusiasm and curiosity around the above areas and beyond
- Writing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information easily
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Additional Skills (preferred but not essential)
- Presentation skills
- Experience of building decks and writing presentation scripts
- Interest in / knowledge of other forms of content creation, such as podcasts, video etc
We need someone who can decode creativity, understands marketing theory, and is interested in technology, business and the trends impacting them.
You’ll be rigorous in your thinking and a great communicator.
You'll also have a genuine enthusiasm for what's going on in the world of marketing, how it's changing and why.
The role may therefore suit a planner or creative strategist with 4+ years of agency experience, but we're open to applicants from any background.
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Staff Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly