Creative Design Manager
- Lead, inspire and develop the Creative & Design team, providing day-to-day guidance on approach, design tasks, workflow and output
- Effectively communicate design philosophy, design decisions and ideas on process with everyone in the organization
- Develop and produce design concepts across multi-channel media
- Ensure that artwork is produced to the highest levels of accuracy and conforms to the standards of the brand
- Develop and challenge the client brief, develop concepts and implement design by discussing with the client their creative needs & requirements
- Use innovation (where appropriate) to challenge the design brief, to include new ideas & creatively explore other potential avenues
- Plan and agree timescales and ensure that all stages from concept through development to supply of final artwork are met
- Ensure the key brand message remains true throughout all media produced and that the brand is presented in accordance with the established guidelines
- Develop designs that are based in customer, brand and/or commercial insight to ensure that all design work is as effective and impactful as possible
- Using and drawing upon past experience and design skills, evaluate design proposals prior to presenting design concepts to the client
- Contribute to the media approval process for samples prior to production
- Source or create images for use with communication material where necessary
- Lead the design and development of brand guidelines including TOV and style guides to ensure they are appropriate for our target audiences
- Proven and demonstrable design experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for the discipline of design is essential
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Relevant design qualifications desirable but not essential
- Ability to work on and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is critical in this role
- Good people management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Manage the performance across the creative & design team.
- A comprehensive understanding of industry standard design applications, i.e. Adobe Creative Suite as well as the Office suite of products