Sponsorship Sales Manager
A rare & exciting opportunity has arisen within this exhibition Group's London Headquarters, managing Sponsorship Sales for their prestigious show in Africa
We have been asked to find an exceptional, seasoned & proven account manager with solid experience of handling Key Accounts and providing year on year account growth. The individual will also have experience of closing high-value deals with large, blue chip companies at senior management or director level.
The role will involve the retention and growth of Key Accounts as well as the New Business acquisition of clients in line with event and company strategy. The primary sales opportunity is sponsorship, including branding, lunches, ancillary events etc. often forming the base of a bespoke package also encompassing exhibition and delegate options.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the London International Sales Office and Headquarters of this company that specialise in running market-leading events in emerging markets and are one of the world’s leading organisers of international trade exhibitions and conferences. They organise over 250 exhibitions and conferences worldwide, with many market-leading events and well-known brands in key industry sectors. Our product range includes everything from niche specialist conferences through to globally significant trade fairs with mass appeal and influence
The role will entail:
- Managing a portfolio of key accounts with five and six figure contract value
- Cultivate strong relationships with multiple senior stakeholders with a consultative approach
- Achieving and exceeding agreed show and personal revenue and profit targets
- Undertaking research to understand the market objectives, aims and ambitions of your client base
- To work closely with and within each business to identify its aims, objectives and requirements
- Tailor opportunities available, creating strong partnership propositions
- To identify new sales opportunities and develop them into long-term relationships
- Work closely with other departments, content, marketing, and sales to operate as one team.
- Experienced sales person 5 years account management
- Experience in handling high value contracts – often up to 6-figure sums
- Demonstrable experience of handling clients over multiple sales cycles and showing year on year growth.
- Commercially-minded and commercially aware of value propositions; skilled at selling non-tangible products or services
- Enthusiasm for learning and ability to quickly grasp new ideas
- Ability to build relationships with several stakeholders in complex matrix organisations.
Personal qualities & background:
- Open Minded and collaborative
- Investigative and patient, with exceptional relationship-building techniques.
- Focused. Strives to achieve excellence as standard.
- Should display resilience and adaptability
- Solutions focused
- Self-motivated and driven by success
Project Management and Organizational Skills:
- A high level of self-motivation and the ability to manage heavy workloads and meet target
- Ability to prioritise effectively, anticipate obstacles and find effective solutions
Influencing Internally and Externally:
- Persuasive and professional on the phone
- Outstanding oral and written skills
- Able to communicate and network effectively with people across many different industries and levels of seniority
- Strong rapport building skills with clients and colleagues