Media Sales Executive- B2C
4 days left
NEW JOB-Media Sales role selling across print and digital, working closely with editorial, insight, design and tech to develop and deliver innovative, market-leading solutions.
This is an exciting role working on a market leading title for a growing media owner based in West London. The successful candidate will not be only be working with the major players in this specialist market but will also have exposure with leading agencies who work with key consumer brands. Travel, Motor, Pharma, Retail and Food & Drink are all categories that you will work closely with.
The Sales Executive has the core objective to develop and grow revenue potential of new and existing advertisers through the effective management of an agency and client portfolio. The position covers every aspect of the portfolio and provides an opportunity to sell across a variety of revenue streams (creative solutions, digital, display, direct marketing) whilst working closely with the Ad Manager and Group Head,
You will personally account manage existing clients & agencies; pitch & develop new business; understand and monitor the market & strive to develop exciting & market leading client solutions across the brand. You will look after clients for cross-media campaigns where appropriate, developing and pitching creative, bespoke solutions. You will occasionally represent the wider London Specialist Division team and include other relevant brands where appropriate
* To be seen as an expert for your brand
* To demonstrate a broad knowledge of the market and have a sound understanding of trends
* To comprehend, interpret and present sales data to maximise advertising potential
* To fully articulate the proposition and its relevance to advertisers
* To effectively utilise the Insight team according to need
* To pro-actively sell the proposition in to agencies and clients at every opportunity
* To effectively manage all personal agency/client portfolio through a fully integrated strategy
* To have active relationships with all key contacts across portfolio including key press buying and planning agency team contacts
* To have knowledge of previous, current and future activity for each agency across all revenue streams
* To have specific, measurable performance improvement targets/goals for new, existing and lapsed advertisers
* To effectively adapt selling technique according to market conditions
* To ensure that all competitor leads are chased and followed up at all times
* To attend a minimum of 5 external meetings per week
* To effectively negotiate the best rate possible for every piece of business
* To effectively manage all deals to maximise revenue and share
* To help identify and create client led deal opportunities
* To effectively negotiate multiple title and website campaigns
* To create and present effective pitches showcasing the brands potential to maximum effect
* To confidently present the brand on both a 1:1 basis or within a group
* To effectively utilise Insight in preparation for all meetings and in all presentations
* To ensure all titles and platforms are fully considered and where appropriate included in all pitches
* Can be counted on to exceed goals and targets successfully; consistently pushes yourself to achieve goals and plans.
* Proactive and self motivated.
* Hungry to prove yourself and be successful.
* Bright and intelligent; comfortably deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, capable and agile; keen to learn and develop; learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of new things; experiments for solutions.
* Dedicated to meeting expectations; acts with the customer in mind; establishes good relationships; gains trust and respect.
* Able to work in a fast paced, self directed, entrepreneurial environment; full of energy for challenges; seizes opportunities.
* Display sales experience in a b2c magazine company a must
* Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail
* Strong new business skills and tenacious approach
* A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
* Excellent knowledge and ability to apply all the latest applicable research and data within the sales process
* Exceptional communication, administration and business skills
* Education preferably to degree level
* Overall having a passion for consumer publishing is a must
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.
Apply for Media Sales Executive- B2C
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly