Senior Client Manager - brand packaging, brand identity, retail communications
Are you a senior client manager in the packaging space looking to work across a broader mix of branding and comms – or someone with a mix of skills looking for more autonomy in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment?
This agency works in the service and retail branding space. They have an enviable reputation in this area and have produced some outstanding work over the years. The team is 50+ strong, has a collaborative approach and some very well-known clients. It is a happy place to work with a real variety of work across brand and communications.
Senior Client Manager – The Role
The team are now looking for a Senior Client Manager to work on one of their key clients to manage the client relationship and deliver projects on time and on budget. The candidate will probably have around 5/6+ years’ experience working in a creative branding agency. The work will be a mix of packaging, brand identity and retail work across many touchpoints. So the senior client manager may come from a packaging background looking for a wider variety of work or perhaps have a broader brand and marketing skillset from a service branding agency or a more integrated agency.
Senior Client Manager - Main duties
• Managing and developing the agency’s relationship with the client – as the key point of contact, able to address issues, problem solve and seek out new opportunities
• Running projects from inception to delivery including writing proposals, creating budgets and schedules and managing the internal team (design and production) and third party suppliers eg photographers, copywriters, printers
• Working with the design team to ensure we are on brief and meet clients’ expectations both strategically and creatively
• Financial management of the client in terms of forecasts, budgets and billing schedules. Liaising with the Finance team to ensure accurate billing and profitable margins
• Gaining managerial support from Head of Client Services and strategic support from the team
• Attending pitches as part of a team, presenting the account management aspect of our offer
Senior Client Manager - Key attributes
• Professional, confident and calm under pressure
• Friendly, outgoing, energetic personality
• Ability to use initiative and work independently
• Flexible, organised, an eye for detail
• Comfortable liaising with senior management and more junior clients
• A team player internally, confidently leading in project management
• Quick to learn and excellent time management skills
• Understand a budget and how to work within it
• Understand schedules and how to ensure a project keeps to them
• An instinct for recognising opportunities and growing the business
Senior Client Manager - Benefits
• 25 days holiday
• Life Assurance
• Private Medical Assurance
At Story, we find talent for the design, branding, marketing and advertising sectors. With 25 years’ combined experience, we have built long term relationships with some of the most innovative agencies in the creative industry.
We find roles for a whole host of agency people – managing directors, client services directors, strategic directors and senior planners, account managers, execs and junior planners, project managers, production specialists, creative services etc.
We focus on design and branding and integrated marketing, working with a large network of agencies, from larger, group owned consultancies to medium-sized independents and boutique agencies in the UK and internationally.
We believe that quality is often in the detail. We spend time listening to both clients and candidates - and often reading between the lines is what enables us to find the best matches. The philosophy is simple; to offer the best possible service and solutions to both candidates and clients and develop strong, long term relationships. Our straight-talking approach, along with our integrity and commitment in doing good work, make us trusted partners.