Filming Manager (outdoor spaces)
Brilliant opportunity for a highly organised event professional, to join a busy team working across some of London's most beautiful outdoor locations and spaces - and be the main contact for all incoming film shoot and photographic requests taking place on their properties.
This unique organisation look after some of London's most iconic outdoor spaces and locations - ensuring they are well managed and enjoyed by both Londoners and visitors alike.
If you love the outdoors then this is the role for you! A unique opportunity for an experienced event professional to join a busy Commercial Events & Filming team on a 1-year fixed term contract with this well-known organisation, guardian of a range of iconic London locations and outdoor spaces. The team manage up to 500 filming and photography shoots annually for clients keen to utilise their varied portfolio of outdoor spaces and venues. You will be the first point of contact for all incoming enquiries, and promote the spaces as film/photo locations, as well as coordinating the incoming production requests and production teams, and the internal on-site team. You will project manage a number of film shoots, remaining the lead location/venue contact with the production company. From receiving filming / photo-shoot requests, managing recces, and bookings to negotiating charges, financial administration and budgets to liaising with venue stakeholders and internal teams to ensure all policies and procedures (including H&S) are in place. This is a 1-year fixed term contract ideally starting ASAP, and you'll be managing the Filming Officer.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating and being the lead contact and project manager for client requirements on a range of shoots and liaise with external clients from concept until completion
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, internal site managers and clients
- Manage all enquiries from application to on-site management
- Manage budgets and keep accurate forecasts of income and expenditure
- Generate income through hosting filming and photography activity
- Manage all relevant processes, procedures, h&s
You are a motivated and enthusiastic Events or Production Manager with experience ideally from within the events (venue), film & broadcast, or arts sectors. You will be skilled in event operations and logistics, managing budgets, licensing, health & safety, best practise and where necessary crowd control. I am looking for a good communicator who is super proactive, positive and confident to negotiate and liaise with clients and stakeholders. Experience of filming and/or events in historical venues or heritage locations would be very advantageous, or a genuine passion and interest in events and on-site filming co-ordination.
- Flexible to work outside of typical working hours
- Ideally have experience managing film shoots from a venue/location perspective
- Well organised, strong admin skills, a keen interest and knowledge of the filming industry
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Interest in and good knowledge of the film & television industry, aligned with understanding of location requirements
- Commercial understanding
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Some line management experience is highly advantageous
If your experience matches the key requirements as listed above and you have event or filming related background and would love to take on an outdoor Filming Manager contract at an amazing London venue then please click the "Apply" button now.