Sales Executive - Built Environment
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media, and serves a broad spread of markets, including: digital, PR, horticulture, youth & children’s work, healthcare, print, environmental, motoring, leisure, formula 1, football and consumer electronics. Since Haymarket was founded half a century ago, we have always prided ourselves on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of our products and our people. The Sales Executive – Built Environment role offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to make their mark and see their efforts directly affect the performance of the business. Horticulture Week and Planning are both market leading brands within their respective industries:
Published since 1840. the UK’s leading business title for the professional horticulture community provides comprehensive news, analysis, opinion, technical reports, product and market data across all areas of the industry.
Planning is the essential information resource for town planning professionals in the UK, providing the latest impartial and in-depth news, analysis, planning appeals, policy and legislation and the latest jobs. Our experienced editorial team focuses on the issues that matter most to the planning sector, leading and influencing key debates.
Reporting to the Sales Manager: Environment & Built Environment, this is an ideal opportunity for someone with a sales background, or looking to transition into sales, with ability to plan, execute and monitor sales campaigns across print and electronic media. The Sales Executive has responsibility for maximising the volume, revenue and yield of sales of Hortweek and Planning paid content services. This will involve managing an existing client base and sourcing new business using a combination of following up on free trials, upselling at renewal and attending industry events. The successful candidate will have full ownership of the products’ performance, allowing you to grow and develop as the products do. As such, you will need to be focused, enthusiastic, and fully competent to take on the task at hand.
• New Business Sales
• Conversion of trialists and inbound leads into subscriptions. Cross selling where appropriate
• Renewal Sales
• Complete renewals of subscriptions in a timely manner in order to exceed revenue targets
• Maximise revenues from our existing subscriber base, which includes up selling additional products to current subscribers.
• Creation of new corp accounts
• Working with Head of Paid Content Sales to identify corporate subscription targets, upsell and manage conversion process.
• Evaluate the information needs of clients
• Provide excellent service to enhance customer experience and improve customer lifetime value for each subscription.
• Attend a number of Industry events to exploit new business potential.
• Track and report sales progress on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Provide forecast reports based on sales pipeline
• Meet sales targets
• Ideally have some understanding of the Horticulture/Planning Industry, or demonstrate a proven track record o be able to digest information quickly, and competitor products/positioning.
• Develop an understanding of your clients' business, key objectives and business drivers.
• Renewals and up sales must be confirmed in writing either through completed order forms or written confirmation.
• All administration set by your manager must be completed accurately and on time.
Key requirements checklist:
• Excellent telephone manner
• Strong sales and negotiation skills are essential
• Demonstrate a strong understanding or keen interest in the market
• Strong organisation and time management skills
• To be able to show initiative and work proactively as an individual
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strategic thinking and planning
• Enthusiasm and commitment
You are expected to demonstrate the following at all times:
• Problem solving
• Confidence and charisma
• Determined to succeed
• Self-motivated, disciplined and hardworking
• Maturity and versatility
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with key customers
• Resilience, drive and a determination to get around road-blocks rather than just point them out
• Openness and respectfulness in your dealings with clients and colleagues