Junior UI Designer
Role: Junior UI Designer £25-35K DOE
Compensation: Salary + options (both depending on experience)
Location: West London
We are looking for a Junior UI Designer with a passion for design and technology to work across our apps and location services. Skilled at crafting beautiful, intuitive products and as passionate about shipping products as you are designing them, you'll work collaboratively with the Product Manager, Development and Marketing teams to bring new ideas to life. An expert in at least one aspect of design, you'll be comfortable working across the full design lifecycle.
You will contribute to the future vision by:
- Optimising existing designs and creating inspirational concepts.
- Generating UI elements for different screen sizes websites/apps/products.
- Creating mocks and wireframes based on Product Owner requirements.
- Being an advocate for beauty in simplicity.
- Managing your own workflows and documentation.
- Collaborating with Product Owners, key business stakeholders and developers.
- 2+ years of design and creative/digital agency experience since graduation
- A breadth of understanding of responsive design across all digital platforms
- A fantastic portfolio crammed with innovative and inspirational work demonstrating branding and digital design
- Be able to create a visual language from identity and guidelines, through to collateral and website
- Experience of working across branding, experience design, storytelling and prototyping.
- Wanting to produce leading edge design day in day out
- Expert in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools
- Passionate about good design, motivated, ambitious and extremely creative
- Strong typography, layout & colour; technical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable with persistent drive to learn new skills and constantly improve
Extra credit if you have:
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap.
The team is a mix of experienced entrepreneurs, people who have worked at the highest levels in large global organisations, academics, and bright graduates - it's a good balance, and it's important for us that we get the right person who is happy working alongside people from these backgrounds.
We have a relaxed and focused office in West London, with regular team socials, and we expect to add more benefits as we grow. We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business. We hope in 5 years you will be proud to tell people you were one of the early joiners.
We are looking for someone to start this role as soon as possible, so applications will be considered as and when we receive them.
Please note that this role will be based in our London office, therefore we will only accept applications from individuals based in/near London (or ready to move to London immediately) and those that have authorisation to work in the UK. Get in touch with some combination of your CV and portfolio with a covering letter to tell us about who you are.
Apply for Junior UI Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly