Senior Programmatic Sales Executive
Programmatic advertising is a key priority for our client’s Commercial division of this award winning media organisation. Reporting to the Programmatic Trading Manager, we are looking for a Senior Sales Executive to help execute their programmatic demand strategy and continue to grow this substantial revenue stream. You will be responsible for negotiating, executing and optimising programmatic deals across a defined agency patch, incorporating the full range of Immediate Media brands. The role will require you to be comfortable both managing existing buyer relationships and generating substantial new business.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of top class sales skills, a deep understanding of digital advertising in all its forms, and existing relationships within the digital media sales environment. Previous programmatic sales experience would be beneficial but not required.
- Play an active role in ensuring that overall programmatic and private marketplace revenue targets are achieved.
- Deliver substantial revenue growth from a defined top tier agency patch, working across the full range of all company brands.
- Become the programmatic champion for selected brands, taking additional accountability for their programmatic revenue growth.
- Alongside ad operations, take responsibility for optimising the performance of your live private marketplace deals, liaising with buyers as appropriate.
- Work closely with the wider sales organisation to ensure revenue is being maximised across multiple sales channels (e.g. direct, programmatic, partnerships).
- Work with the audience team to ensure that 1st party data is used to maximum effect within their sales proposition.
- Drive significant incremental programmatic revenue from high impact products such as page skins, video and site takeovers. Consistently find new ways to innovate.
- Help drive the adoption and uptake of programmatic guaranteed trading.
- Be in expert in, and stay abreast of, developments in the market.
Competencies (Core & Technical)
- Extensive experience of digital media sales.
- Excellent and demonstrable sales and negotiation skills.
- Good existing contacts within the digital buying community
- A proven ability to deliver against stretching financial targets.
- Strong influencing skills, both internally and externally.
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast changing environment
- Organisation & Management - Good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects/tasks. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Uses initiative to step in where necessary. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Interpersonal Savvy -Relates well to all kinds of people within and outside the company. Builds rapport easily. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse high tension situations comfortably.
- Building Relationships - Builds long term partnerships. Listens well and responds appropriately. Is sensitive to customer needs and concerns. Trades off short term costs for the benefit of long term relationships. Has a wide network and multi level contacts. Puts self in others’ shoes.
- Intellectual Ability - Is bright and intelligent. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably. Described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.