Community and Content Development Manager
Are you a Content Development Manager with experience in the Institutional Pensions Industry? If yes read on.... This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team in one of London’s most innovative, exciting and fast growing digital media companies. Our client is a media, community and events business – specifically for the institutional pensions industry. Clients engage them to help with online marketing campaigns, promotional and interactive communications, and intimate and large scale educational events.
You will be an energetic and talented Community and Content Development Manager with a strong desire to build and manage your own ‘business unit’. We are looking for a passionate, self motivated individual with a drive to succeed, having excellent organizational skills. The right candidate will be highly efficient and methodical with a good eye for detail with a proactive approach to performance and data accuracy. Key to this role is the ability to use your initiative to increase existing community engagement on an already successful social media platform. A can-do entrepreneurial attitude with an ability to connect the dots will ensure success in this role.
You will manage communications in both directions. Part editor, part facilitator, wholly personable, and digitally-savvy you will be responsible for all communications, PR, social media, and content creation, among other things.
This is a Web 2.0 communications role, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both on and offline. Excellent communication skills and creative writing skills are a must. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly make a difference, this part of the role will inspire you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring a rich and regular stream of content is published on (via working with clients, external articles, and site moderation)
- Developing and implement tactical plans — including inspired and moderated solutions — that build and nurture online communities
- Growing the absolute size of the community
- Creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other strategically relevant online properties
- Writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels
- Locate and engage advocates within the community to foster dialogue
- Understand what’s possible on the various technology platforms and the ability to educate and integrate the needs of clients and developers
- Identify and foster relevant third-party content partnerships to enhance the existing content offering
In terms of your skills and experience, we’re looking for:
- You must have knowledge of the Institutional Pensions Business
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written English
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to multitask and continually reprioritise tasks against agreed objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Solid client services experience, demonstrating a track record of strategic thinking, working in partnership with a number of clients simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience of involvement in business development and pitches would also be desirable