Sales Director, £50k Basic+Commission
Our client is a B2B Publishing house based in Kent, they produce a wide-range of magazines, websites, events & conferences for the Rail, Transport, Pharmaceutical, Food Manufacturing, Airport & FX-MM sectors.
Due to continued growth and success, there is currently an opening for a Sales Director to join the business.
The successful Sales Director will be responsible for:-
- Overall sales targets for your brand(s)/designated event(s)/team and individual
- Development and management of sales colleagues within your team
- Formulation of direction and strategy within your brand(s)/event(s) in conjunction with Commercial Directors
- Development of new products/opportunities in conjunction with Commercial Directors
- Jointly responsible with other Sales Directors to ensure sales performance and behaviours across the company is sustained in the absence of the Commercial Directors.
- Proven business to business media sales experience and knowledge/understanding of how media sales projects are defined and delivered
- Strong commercial experience and ability to use commercial acumen for business/profit growth
- Proven expertise in B2B Print, Digital and Events & Conferences arena
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing teams of subordinates
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure to meet targets
- Excellent organisational skills, with flexibility to adapt to changes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others in and outside the sales function
- Commercial acumen and business awareness
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- IT skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- An aptitude for conducting targeted research to develop new sales leads