Exhibition Sales Manager - Bilingual (English & German)
A truly fantastic opportunity. We are looking for a German Speaking experienced, focused and high-performing sales professional with a proven track record of prospecting for and delivering new business across DACH-speaking clientele - ideally within the events or related businesses.
Based at the UK you will work autonomously to achieve sales targets in a creative manner joining the International Sales Office selling in their core sectors on international events. .
Our Client specialise in running market-leading events in emerging markets and are one of the world’s leading organisers of international trade exhibitions and conferences. They organise over 250 exhibitions and conferences worldwide, with many market-leading events and well-known brands in key industry sectors.
- To secure new and rebook existing exhibition revenue across multiple portfolios
- Define and develop existing and new sales to meet agreed revenue and profit targets
- Achieve and exceed agreed show and personal targets by direct selling to existing and new clients
- Ensure full understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Identify new sales opportunities and develop them into long-term relationships
- Work together with the international offices and the Sales team assigned to the relevant event
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with existing key clients
- Ensure on-site customer care and re-bookings
- Handle client queries quickly and efficiently maintaining a high standard of client correspondence
- Research and attend competitor events
- Carry out various ad hoc duties as necessary.
- Achievement of personal monthly and annual sales targets
- Achieving activity levels i.e. number of calls per day/per week, number of meetings/proposals
- Updating weekly pipelines/reports and ensuring they are accurate
- Understanding of the sector and industry dynamics
- Growth of existing portfolio by generating new ideas
- Experienced sales person
- Should display resilience and adaptability
- Good problem solving skills and solutions focused
- Self-motivated and driven by success
- Fluency with the German language to advanced conversational level is essential
- A high level of self motivation and the ability to manage heavy workloads and meet target
- Ability to prioritise effectively, anticipate obstacles and find effective solutions Influencing Internally and Externally
- Persuasive and professional on the phone
- Proven experience of business development across DACH regions & clientele
- Able to communicate and network effectively with people across many different industries and levels of seniority
- Strong rapport building skills with clients and colleagues