Head of Business Development - Haymarket Network
Haymarket Network are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic Business Development Director, to work closely with the Account Management teams to develop and grow existing client relationships to drive additional revenues into the division.
The role represents a change in structure and focus for Network with new business and existing business development at its heart.
The majority of our organic growth year on year comes from additional spend from our existing clients. We will, therefore, require you to work within this existing client base, identifying opportunities to broaden and strengthen our relationship with them, selling our full range of services, giving you the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your commercial and strategic agility.
In this senior leadership role, the Head of Business Development will report directly into the Director of Haymarket Network. You will be working at the centre of the agency: dealing with a wide variety of Haymarket Network staff from marketing, creative and planning, to the digital and account teams. You will work closely with the Heads of Creative Services, Digital Strategy, Technology and Business Development to secure and grow our existing relationships.
You will be targeted on delivering year on year growth both in terms of contribution and our base margin.
- Focus on growing the contribution and margin over the next three years in line with the Network business plan
- Develop and execute Network’s plan to accelerate high-growth commercial lines such as digital and social
- Be an expert on competitor activity within Network’s core markets
- Maintain an influential contact base within the market
- Identify commercial opportunities within the existing client base and work with internal/external teams to deliver them
- Proven sales experience in selling digital and/or print content solutions
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Proven ability to influence and persuade at senior level
- Ability to spot business opportunities and the confidence to successfully engage with the clients at senior level
- Ability to articulate the unique strengths of Haymarket Network and the diversity of services we offer
- Strong verbal and written communication, plus excellent numeracy
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel extensively across the UK (and further a field) on a weekly basis
- An excellent knowledge of all digital content channels, including web, social and apps
- Thorough understanding of the relevant vendor/product landscape around digital, print, events and other bespoke products
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of content marketing marketplace
- Ability to monitor competitors, market conditions and new product development
- Excellent understanding of client needs and ability to communicate these to the broader project teams to enable successful pitches
- A good working knowledge of basic marketing principles
- The energy and dynamism to remain fully motivated
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal teams quickly and to work within a pitch team
- Ability to engage and interact with our C-Suite clients
- Goal oriented – focused on achieving revenue targets