We are currently seeking an Creative Artworker with a minimum of 18 months experience of working within a commercial design environment who can join our busy in-house design team to work on a variety of own and licensed brand product artworks for major retail consumer goods brands.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- To construct print ready artwork on a wide range of design projects including branded packaging, corporate stationary, instruction manuals, catalogues, brochures and adverts.
- To create error-free artwork from scratch including setting up artwork files within set timeframes.
- To retouch artwork images quickly and accurately using Photoshop.
- To communicate effectively with internal departments to ensure that artwork is produced in line with artwork briefs.
- To ensure all technical and print specifications are met including checking spot colours, image resolutions, text and legal requirements.
You will be responsible for the production of print ready artwork on a wide range of projects and will need to be meticulous in your working practices, producing error free artwork to the correct technical specifications, adding your own design input when required.The successful candidate will need to interpret briefs and work within brand guidelines within tight deadlines and schedules.
- Must have 18 months experience working within a commercial design department
- Qualified in a creative subject to HND level such as packaging or graphic design.
- Must have excellent Mac skills using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop).
- Must be able to produce print ready artwork and have a sound knowledge of various print processes including spot colours.
- Must be able to generate 3D packaging mock-ups to a competent level, both physically and digitally.
- Must be organized with an excellent attention to detail
- Must be a team player and have a flexible approach to work during peak periods.
Who will I be working for?
Ultimate Products is one of the world’s leading international businesses for branded retail consumer goods. High quality ensures our continuous success and world class reputation (with offices in Manchester, Hong Kong and China). We work with over 400 top retailers such as Argos, John Lewis, B&M, Tesco, Asda, TK Maxx, designing for big name and own brands including Russell Hobbs, Intempo, Beldray and Salter. Visit our website www.upgs.com for more information
Please send CV & Covering Letter to Craig Holden, HR & Operations Director at email@example.com
Closing date: 28 February 2018
At UP we understand the importance of rewarding our staff and offer a host of benefits…
- Staff discounts on our own and branded products
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays after your first 12 months with the Company
- Local retail discounts including Costco membership
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Bonus for 100 % attendance
- Free eye test and contribution to lenses of up to £100
- Local gym membership discount
- Private healthcare after 5 years service
- Annual staff awards including Employee of the Year
- Annual Christmas parties and celebrations throughout the year
- Team social events
- Tax-free childcare vouchers
- Funded external training
- Online training programs
Keywords: Artworker, brands, creative, Adobe suite, Indesign, Packaging, style guides, printing, print,agency, typesetting, Desktop publishing, photoshop, Illustrator, designer, graphic, products, retail