Head of Charities
Head of Charities
Who are we?
London Marathon Events Limited (LME) organises some of the biggest and best mass participation sports events in the UK including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling, the Vitality London 10,000 and Swim Serpentine. We are a not-for-profit organisation and any surplus we make is given to the London Marathon Charitable Trust to improve sports and recreation in the UK. The Trust has awarded in excess of £66.5 million to more than 1,200 projects in London and beyond.
Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun is at the core of everything we do. LME staff live and breathe these values in and outside the work place and so are a natural fit for our business. Our staff work collaboratively to ensure every event is even better than the last and strive for the best and most memorable experience possible for our employees, participants, sponsors and charities.
About the role
LME are looking for an entrepreneurial, articulate and engaging marketer to help develop our relationships with our 2000+ charity partners. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful applicant will develop and optimise London Marathon Event’s engagements with charities.
- Nurture strong relationships with charity partner stakeholders as our main point of contact.
- Ensure that charities are well informed about London Marathon Events initiatives both personally, digitally and through our Comms department.
- Develop and maintain an accurate picture of the charity marketplace, reporting and acting upon on industry trends and intelligence.
- Develop physical and digital marketing collateral to help charities of all sizes effectively leverage event opportunities and inspire participant fundraising.
- Engage with charities to offer best in class advice on marketing strategy and activation of event-based collateral.
- Take and act upon feedback from charities to continuously improve the quality of service provision.
- Work with our on-line charity partner Virgin Money Giving, developing ways for charities to engage runners and supporters to use their platform.
- Ensure that from charity’s point of view we are clearly seen as the greatest mass participation event’s organiser in the world.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Business acumen accumulated through an entrepreneurial background
- Solid marketing experience
- Ability to form sound relationships and build trust/rapport
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – with the ability to influence
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing communications
- Experience of data insight and analytics
- Ability to anticipate charity needs, respond appropriately to all queries
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage a diverse and complex workload and to work under pressure
- Strong planning and organisation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to attend meetings at partner’s offices
- High degree of computer literacy with ability to use Microsoft and PowerPoint, Office 365
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- A good general knowledge of event marketing and ROI measurements
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business, including event weekends
- And if you have an interest in sport, particularly running, cycling or swimming, it would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the Apply button.
Closing date is Wednesday 28th February 2018