Resource Manager - £35K
RESOURCE MANAGER - £35k depending on experience
As a Resource Manager, you will be very organised, proactive and efficient in everything you do. You will manage our studio on a day-to- day basis, knowing what everyone is doing at all times. With this in mind, you will require a deep knowledge of design, UX and development skills and processes. The willingness to learn and be self-sufficient in gaining further skills as technologies and processes develop is fundamental to the role.
Working with the Project Managers you will book in their project plans into the resource schedule, liaise daily with them to ensure plans have not changed and you will hold frequent meetings to iron out any issues with Operations Director and
Heads of Departments.
You will work closely with the Operations Director; ensuring utilisation is maximised, pulling weekly reports and highlighting anomalies amongst the data, flag issues and implement tighter process controls.
We also see this role assisting the Design Department, suggesting talks and exhibitions to attend, arranging speakers, providing ideas for inspiration, sorting out filing structures, suggesting better processes, setting up new design tools [Slack, Invision, Zeplin etc], showing others how to use the tools, and sometimes wrapping up work for the end delivery.
You will also manage, book and look after all of our freelancers ensuring cost tracking is in place as well as contracts. We also want to build upon our black book of photographers, directors, production companies and we would love this role to
play a part in finding new and existing creative events for our design department.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, flexible, approachable, smart and above all else nice!!
Key Areas of responsibility
- Manage day to day resource allocation on a project by project basis across multi-disciplinary teams
- Manage and run the weekly studio status, informing each department of their up
- and coming weekly workload.
- Supporting the heads of departments with team updates and knowledge sharing (Brown Bag) sessions
- Being able to respond and have solutions to last minute projects that come in to ensure the work is delivered, therefore it's important to have black book of good freelancers/production houses.
- Work closely with Operations Director to find solutions to any clashes or last minute requirements
- Monitor and report on utilisation of resources across the all functions, and deliver reports to Operations Director and Heads of Department (weekly and monthly)
- Ensuring timesheets are entered accurately and kept up to date weekly
- Working closely with Project Managers to secure resources and to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Check agency workflow budget figures to ensure on track and highlight to Ops
- Director where there may be issues.
- Manage end to end freelance recruitment when extra resource is needed and work in conjunction with the Head of Operations to keep track of freelance budget
- Ensure all recruitment contracts are filed and NDA's are signed by all freelancers and third-party suppliers
- Manage Image sourcing libraries, costs, passwords etc
- Build a black book of photographers, directors and production houses
- Assist the creative department with setting up new design tools and wrapping up work ready for delivery
- Manage who is in and out the agency each day, processing annual leave and communicating this to the relevant people.
- Core skills/competencies required
- 1 to 2 years experience
- Proven track record of studio / production management within a busy and fast-paced agency environment
- Ability to communicate with all parties involved in any projects
- Ability to think laterally to resolve issues
- Solid understanding of the different roles within the agency and awareness of people's strengths and weaknesses to ensure they are booked appropriately
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage your own time and workload
- Knowledge of other associated resource management software
- Excellent motivation and negotiation skills
We work with global brands who want to use digital to give every customer a great experience. Our combination of strategy, storytelling and experience design allows us to deliver real impact.
We do big agency work with a small agency culture. There are 85 of us in the team in the UK and USA, and we are ambitious, sociable, collaborative, transparent and non-hierarchical.
Apply for Resource Manager - £35K
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly