Maverick is on the lookout for an experienced writer to join our growing copy team, in an award-winning creative agency based near Tower Bridge, London.
The successful applicant will be hungry to write everything, from consumer-facing films, to fast-turnaround social posts, to internal emails, all with undimmed enthusiasm.
We're looking for an ambitious writer with clear conceptual ability, a track record of success in top ranking agencies, and a portfolio bursting with current, fresh, cross-channel thinking.
To excel, you'll be comfortable challenging client thinking and will have a burning desire to help the agency take its creative reputation up to another level.
- Work with in-house Art Directors to cut to the core of a topic and create original, interesting content
- Working under the Lead Creative Copywriter
- Creating and writing pitch concepts
- Working with a researcher to create compelling, insightful content
- Working with digital and strategic planners, translating their insights into strong concepts
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- A solid background as a copywriter, with extensive agency experience in a creative or marketing environment
- A varied portfolio showcasing your writing skills, including long and short copy examples
- Big brand experience is a pre-requisite, as is the ability to work closely with an equally talented Art Director
- The ability to understand and satisfy the requirements of SEO
- Scriptwriting experience is desirable, as is experience writing for clients’ internal engagement comms
- Experience and confidence in communicating ideas and delivering compelling copy content across print, digital and social media
- Knowledge of adapting your tone of voice depending on the campaign and audience, specifically corporate
- Ability to work under pressure and turn around work at short notice
- Well-developed research skills, an enquiring mind and curiosity to learn about unfamiliar topics
- Experience cracking B2B and B2C briefs in the logistics sector is highly desirable, but you'll also be working on high profile brands in other sectors, so breadth is important
- Able to write for a global audience, in international English, taking into account cultural differences