Sub Editor (German language skills)
GERMAN MARKETING SUB EDITOR needed ASAP.
We are now also in the market for a German Marketing Sub Editor for 4 weeks to start with, 120 to freelancer.
We are seeking a German Marketing Sub Editor reporting to the Chief Sub Editor and based in my clients London HQ. The Marketing Sub Editor will be required to sub translated copy (English to German) across all aspects of my clients brand, from apps to press and marketing initiatives and printed projects.
* Subbing features: checking accuracy, cutting copy to fit, proofing copy, checking all pages and links for the website, iPad and iPhone apps
* Adapting heads and sells to suit German readership and sense-checking copy throughout
* Subbing marketing copy, email copy and general site copy, as and when required
* Working with the rest of the translations team (design and editorial) to ensure all deadlines are met
* Subbing special projects as required e.g. video, printed projects
* Liaising with Market Manager to discuss target market, opportunities for localisation and seek approvals on translated messaging
* Covering for the Chief Sub Editor when away, subbing editorial copy
Desired Skills and Experience
* Fluent in English and German both written and spoken
* Good understanding of InDesign
* Working knowledge of Photoshop
* PC and Mac literate
* Some experience of CMS systems would be beneficial
* Able to manage a changing workload effectively to meet daily deadlines
* A good communicator who can work well in a busy team
* An understanding of the German-speaking fashion industry is a plus
120 to 150 per day.
Start asap, onsite 5 days per week in London.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.