Sports Media Brand Sales Executive
Are you into cycling ? It is now the world’s biggest global sporting goods market. The UK market alone is worth £1.9bn, including £1bn in bike sales, and it's growing. Our client an award winning publisher has the most influential cycling media network in the world, reaching 8.5m cyclists a month.This position is a key senior sales role within the Cycling’s portfolio. Selling directly to core and non-core clients to maximise profits and achieve the budgeted revenues, throughout the entire sports portfolio. This role provides an opportunity to sell across a variety of revenue streams (display, creative solutions and digital) and will involve selling to both new and existing clients.
Sales and Account Management and New Business of own client base
- Responsible for YOY growth of allocated core client base
- Attending client meetings and presenting to then and their agencies (where applicable) and feeding back on outcomes and industry insight from market.
- Being the first point of contact with clients, this includes ( where necessary) but not limited to; chasing copy, accounts issues and general Ad queries
- Ongoing competitor analysis of key industry titles and similar audience based platforms, to analyse competition activity and follow best practice to follow up, generate new business and increase market share
- Develop strong understanding of competitor brands and the market as a whole.
- Identification of new business opportunities
- Attend trade and consumer shows where appropriate and feedback intelligence to wider team
- Identifying and contacting new revenue areas within the non-core market place.
You may be asked to champion a brand. It is everyone’s responsibility to be an expert on your r portfolio demographics and the USP’s of each product; however, the brand champion is the person who will hold detailed knowledge of their brand and market. This will include, but not limited to;
- Brand revenue – accurate forecasting / live pipeline management
- Flagging any risk against budgeted revenues
- Upcoming supplements
- Editorial calendar
- Audience demographic
- Market share, reported on a monthly basis to the Group Ad Manager
- Flat planning
You will be a confident and articulate sales person, equally comfortable with phone sales and face to face meetings, drive for results and be counted on to exceed goals and targets successfully; consistently pushing yourself to achieve goals and plans.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Intellectual Capacity - Bright and intelligent; comfortably deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, capable and agile; keen to lean and develop; learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of new things; experiments for solutions.
- Customer focused - dedicated to meeting expectations; acting with the customer in mind; establishing great relationships; and gain trust and respect.
- Action orientated - Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment; full of energy for challenges; seizes opportunities.
- Print or digital sales experience desired but not essential
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail
- Strong new business skills and tenacious approach
- A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues