Junior-Mid Designer (Digital Ecom)
Much loved book retailer has an exciting opportunity for a Junior/Mid designer/art director to join their digital/e-commerce team in Central London (West End)
The Designer will be working across all digital, ECRM and social campaigns.
The person will be required to come with new ideas and creativity for brand-centric art direction through ongoing research, brainstorming and collaboration with other team members.
They will be instrumental in the production and post-production of these assets and responsible for the departments day to day output of art-work - managing their own short-term and long-term projects within specified timeframes.
Reporting to the Senior E-commerce Designer; you will also be assisting them with the overarching UI design and in creating a consistent online brand look and feel during a very exciting period of site enhancements.
- 1-3 years digitally focused experience
- Ability to create original, impactful, persuasive and conceptually compelling work for digital campaigns and experiences
- Possess not just exceptional art direction skills but the ability to translate this into
e-commerce focused strategic thinking and joined-up user journeys
- A portfolio showcasing online art direction and multi-platform digital design execution, including mood boards, rough sketches and mocks ups, image manipulation, typography, animated GIFS
- Confident communicator, versed in brainstorming and presenting idea routes
- A developing technical mindset across responsive and mobile first design, creating UI designs that align with UX actualities
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- An eye for and an interest in photography
- Wire-framing and prototyping experience advantageous
- User research and mapping analysis experience advantageous
- Can do, self-starting attitude and troubleshooting ability
- Embrace challenges and takes feedback constructively to drive the best solutions
- Willingness to go above and beyond and openness to learn
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points and take inspiration from wherever you can
- Sets achievable expectations, but high standards for delivery whilst managing multiple projects
- Actively looks to develop themselves on the job, and in their own time
Genuine, approachable, hardworking team players with a passion for what they do
You will be based at Head Office London, Piccadilly.