Global Head of Marketing
Global Head of Marketing
Circa £58,000 per annum
London or Any World Animal Protection Office
This is an exciting new role for a dynamic, strategic and experienced senior marketer to develop our global marketing strategy which will raise our profile on a global level and build a movement of people to protect animals.
Reporting into the Global Director of Marketing and Communications you will oversee the brand, digital, content, celebrity and supporter engagement teams to drive a global and consistent approach to marketing that will put animals at the heart of our work and transform their lives across the world.
Working closely with colleagues around the world you will ensure campaigns connect with our audiences and inspire them to take action. We will look to you to build our profile by using market research to understand our supporters’ motivations and develop campaigns that encourage them to get involved in transforming animal’s lives. You will lead teams to develop rich and compelling content and engage more global influencers as well as ensure we have the digital infrastructure needed to deliver ambitious goals.
- You have extensive experience of working in a senior strategic marketing role across the commercial and non-for-profit sectors bringing a proven track record of leading and empowering marketing teams in an international organisation
- You will have team leadership experience, that covers effective mentoring, upskilling and coaching teams and helping to solve complex management problems
- You will possess excellent project management skills; including proven ability to manage and co-ordinate several projects at one time and effectively schedule activities to manage the workflow of global plans.
- You will have a strong understanding of the platforms, channels, and strategies/approaches that will enable us to influence our key audiences across our country offices
- You will have an extensive background in client-side brand leadership, with a breadth of experience on global brands as well as ideally having worked at a local market level
If you want to be part of our dynamic organisation and help us move the world to protect animals then please send us a copy of your CV and cover/motivation letters (no longer than 2 pages) addressing your skills and experience relative to the role to email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight 15th March 2017
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we will not be acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. The successful candidate must have permission to work in the position location by the start of their employment.
We are World Animal Protection.
For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals.
We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes.
Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us.
We are determined to influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.
We move the world to protect animals globally but there are many other reasons to join our organisation. We are a truly global organisation with offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, India, Kenya, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Thailand, UK and USA. We employ over 380 people globally covering campaigns, media, fundraising, operations, finance, administration and human resources.
As well as competitive employee benefits we want our employees to grow with us and build their careers within World Animal Protection and therefore encourage internal applications. We have a strong track record of offering existing staff promotions as well as secondments and position changes within the organisation.