Senior Art Director
To be responsible for devising original, strategically-sound, persuasive concepts for both existing accounts and pitches. Working in partnership with a Senior Copywriter (and sometimes working independently) to deliver projects from brief to execution and, where appropriate, to ensure approved copy is accurately translated into visual ‘state of the art’. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate proven exceptional craft skills and should have prior experience of leading and guiding junior teams.
- Attend briefing sessions and discuss the purpose of the brief with the appropriate members of the account team.
- Identify when any additional information is needed and proactively ensure this is provided by the account team.
Concept and Visual Preparation
- Create appropriate concepts, either working alone or with a Copywriter or a Creative Partner.
- Strong design skills
- On approval of concept by the CDs, ECD, Head of Planning, the account team and client take the job to an appropriate level of completion for each consecutive stage
- Take responsibility for overseeing the quality control of amends in light of clients’ comments.
- Manage and lead junior teams
- Liaise with Creative Services to produce visuals as required
- Liaise with Art Buyers to source stock shots or original photography
- Oversee photographic shoots and briefing of illustrations
- Sign-off finished artwork
- Ensure professional presentation of concepts
- Maintain effective communication with all relevant internal and external contacts
- Keep abreast of both competitor creative work and market developments in areas of interest to client accounts
- Attend global calls with a variety of markets and brief them for adaptations.
- Making sure that different markets are following the brand guidelines.
- Manage own time and output in line with deadline and budgetary requirements of the job.
- Where appropriate work with other Agency departments to identify potential award winning campaigns with the aim of winning awards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Substantial experience as a Senior Art Director within a large advertising agency or similar who has strong experience.
- The ideal candidate has experience of working in a global organization and for global clients; he/she is well-travelled and ideally has worked overseas hence has experienced different cultures and mind-sets to aid his/her work.
- It is essential for the successful candidate to have both a digital and offline background
- Innate creative flair that manifests itself in many ways e.g. empathy, insight and inspirational problem solving
- Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator skills are paramount. 3D design experience is also essential.
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to the changing demands of the business
- The ability to understand and interpret background information
- An understanding of the various target audiences for whom material is being prepared
- Great presentation skills
- Excellent typography and design skills
- Attention to detail
- Open and friendly personality – a good team player
- Passionate about great design work. Calm in nature
- Sense of humour under pressure