Design Director / Senior Designer
Reputable and prestigious design agency is looking for a Senior Designer/Design Director for their busy creative studio in SE London.
Our client is open to a senior designer looking to step up but is also open to established DD’s.
The Design Director is responsible for design team leadership with a focus on conceiving, presenting and managing the execution of targeted and thoughtful creative for various projects, for a wide array of clients across the world.
This role is centered on a commitment to outstanding work, with an ambition and ability to apply design thinking to all aspects of the project. We are looking for a thoughtful and inspired team leadership style whilst keeping an eye on efficiency and process, maintaining client relationships, leading team conversations and the agency culture.
• Show an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the strategy, experience and work within the agency group
• Collaborate with the Creative Director and Directors to define an overall project plan for the creative approach
• Inspire, nurture and collaborate with other members of the design team
• Direct a robust design process from concept development through to production based on the project brief
• Lead both internal and external client meetings, with a focus on productive communication of creative ideas and
• Present work in a clear and inspiring way for client facing creative presentations and share with the design team
• Have uncompromising attention to detail
• Able to work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines, always aware of budgets and time spent
• Apply knowledge of the production process to help ensure and deliver the design integrity of final creative work
• Influence both project, team and group specific decisions
• Contribute and participate in the culture of the agency
• Proven leadership success with the ability to recognize, foster and grow creative talent
• Openness to learn more about the business and the group
• Ability to foresee project hurdles and propose problem-solving strategies to management and the design team
• Exemplary time management, able to multi-task with flexibility and prioritization skills
• Deep understanding of the creative process from concept to execution including production techniques
• Ability to achieve high standard of quality and accuracy under tight deadlines
• Strong relationship building capabilities, focused on a clear and honest approach to communication with the
design team, clients, peers, and suppliers
• Show confidence and excitement from concepts to producing creative work
• Exude enthusiasm and willingness to lead collaborations between design, strategy and client services teams
• Extraordinary command of all design, communications principles, and trends
• Experience with art direction and confidence to lead photo shoots
• 9+ years of experience