Events Executive, upto £30K Basic+Bonus
Our client is a highly Professional, Independent and Global company that specialises in the production of Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops and Masterclasses. They research, create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical sectors.
They are currently looking for an Events Executive the successful Events Executive should have the following:-
- Have at least 1-2 years relevant experience of being an Events Executive on B2B Conferences
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Have the experience of providing a five star customer service to Senior Executives from Blue Chip Companies
- Are willing to Travel during the Conference Season (September to June)
- Are motivated and passionate.
- Are very organised and calm under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
- You are a capable problem solver, who is able to work on your own initiative.
- Have the ability to take on extra workload and tasks, whilst successfully managing original workload
- Have competent computer operation skills inc. MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint
As an Events Executive you will need to
- Provide High quality customer service at all times.
- Respond to customer queries within the standard turnaround time required
Prior to Event
- Make and maintain regular contact with the Chairpersons and Speakers and seek to obtain their written papers and presentations for inclusion in the Conference.
- Liaise with your manager responsible re venue bookings to ensure that you are fully briefed.
- Create venue pages for overseas & outsourced venues.
- Liaise with other key staff (Production, Marketing, Sponsorship, Accounts) involved in the event to ensure they are fully briefed.
- Consult and liaise with suppliers, raising purchase orders and confirming requirements
- Consult and liaise with the venue regarding the event, layout and final numbers.
- Conduct site visits of all London Venues.
- Manage the floor plans of your events.
- Manage programme changes as required.
- Ensure that all sponsorship requirements have been carried out as per the booking form.
- Book Delegate and Speaker accommodation.
- Ensure all Conference Documentation is complete and up to date for dispatch after the event.
- Ensure you have all workshop requirements from leader, Laptop, handouts etc..
- Process all Cancellations and pass to Credit Control.
- Develop good internal relationships with all departments, ensuring clear communication is always made and act as the main point of contact.
- Liaise with the AV team to make sure they are fully briefed on all AV equipment needed such as web and teleconferences.
- Arrange and shipment and ensure safe arrival of all your materials to venues.
At the Event
- Manage the quality Control checklist at all times.
- Ensure the venue is set up correctly as previously agreed.
- Check all AV equipment is set up & working.
- Set up the Registration Desk, display stands, etc
- Ensure Sponsors are set-up as agreed.
- Register Delegates efficiently and with the highest level of customer service.
- Welcome Speakers and introduce them to the Producer, Chairman, Audio Visual Technician.
- Administer non-payee procedures.
- Ensure the programme runs to time
- Work to pre-agreed budgets.
- Liaise with Conference venue to ensure the service provided is compliant with what was agreed.
- Manage all networking Events and ensure they are run to time & budget.
- Ensure Evaluation forms are circulated and completed by all attendees.
- Return any payments and paperwork to Accounts.
- Arrange collection and safe delivery of equipment from venues.
- Circulate Evaluation Forms to relevant departments.