Senior Account Director
My client is an independent integrated agency specialising in B2B and they are looking for a Senior Account Director to play a pivotal role in delivering great work and maintaining great client relationships. You will have at least 3 years experience as an account director and experience working on B2B accounts especially financial services. As Senior Account Director you will be the upholder of impeccable standards; whether that’s creative output, strategic recommendations or pitch work.
Key requirements of the role
- Main contact for senior clients on appointed range of accounts – making strategic and creative decisions, pushing back when necessary. Media neutral in terms of toolkit.
- Developing client accounts to maximise opportunities for growth – and knowing the right and wrong times to do this. Financial services experience would be ideal.
- New business – attending chemistry meetings, demonstrating insight and sector knowledge, writing pitch creative briefs, and inputting into pitch presentations alongside the CEO, CSD and Strategy Director. Presenting at pitch.
- Manager of junior team members – responsible for their development including structured reviews and objectives, as well as being someone they can generally learn from.
- Financial responsibility across accounts – accurate and timely forecasting, negotiating the most profitable outcome for the agency, keeping track of hours and ensuring efficiency.
- Maintaining relationships with clients’ media agencies, design agencies and other partners – establishing the agency's role within the structure and being seen to lead if appropriate.
What makes an outstanding SAD
- A trusted (and liked) partner to clients, not just someone who delivers. Clients ask you for advice on strategy, input into media plans, or feedback on other agencies’ work. Without you the client feels a bit lost!
- Your colleagues and direct reports come to you for your expertise on the sector and your ability to articulate a pithy and audience-relevant proposition.
- You are friendly and approachable – everyone likes working with you and you are fun to have around. The agency is a better place with you in it.
- You stand your ground and earn respect – you don’t always agree with everyone in the agency or indeed with the client. You are not afraid to push back, to argue your point, because you always have a sound opinion based on insight and rational thought.
You have loads of common sense; you look at the facts and don’t panic – you always see a solution to a problem.