Paid Social Account Manager
6 days left
Job title: Account Manager for Social
Department: Client Services
Reports to: Senior Account Manager
The Feed Way
Feed is the award-winning, full-service agency where nothing is impossible. A place where you have permission to try, learn and try again. To question anything, challenge everything and be the absolute best version of yourself.
Becoming part of the Feed family means joining talented crafters and grafters who never settle for second best, but who always celebrate success. You’ll be encouraged to challenge your work every day, and get the support needed to deliver the extraordinary.
The Impact You’ll Have
As Account Manager you will be responsible for building strong relationships with global clients and overseeing the production and delivery of integrated evergreen campaigns across social.
You will help eBay to achieve their goals, hit their targets and push their communications to the next level through innovative solutions.
You will not be required to run any social channels, however a deep understanding of; the channels, work you are producing and latest trends is vital.
Day to day:
• Manage client briefs from start to finish, ensuring successful delivery to client deadlines.
• Re-lay client feedback to designers, copywriters and developers & plan and manage workloads of the team.
• Ensure a good knowledge of all Feed products and services and actively promote them to clients.
• Report back to senior management with internal and external issues and events that might impact upon accounts, either positively or negatively.
• Liaise and build excellent working relationships with key clients – managing expectations, regular meetings, planning, briefing, evaluation.
What We’re Looking For
• Demonstrable experience delivering a broad range of multi-channel marketing communications. Social experience essential (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat minimum).
• Strategic thinking: at this level we are looking for someone who is able to help develop strategic options and contribute towards discussions on account objectives.
• Extremely organised, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, delivering on time and to budget.
• Grit and determination.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Strong attention to detail.
• A great team player.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM ALL SUITABLY QUALIFIED PERSONS REGARDLESS OF THEIR RACE, SEX, DISABILITY, RELIGION/BELIEF, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR AGE.