New Business Sales Executive - Haymarket, Outdoor Leisure
Practical Caravan is Britain's best selling caravan magazine. Since 1967, it has been helping caravanners choose the best destinations, the best caravans and giving them the best advice to get the most from their caravans and their caravan holidays. Since 2001, practicalcaravan.com has been the online home of Practical Caravan magazine, bringing all the title’s expert and independent caravan reviews, tow car reviews, travel guides, advice and more together in one place.
Practical Motorhome is the most exciting motorhome magazine in the UK, full of new and used ‘van reviews, expert advice, exhaustive accessory reviews and packed with tonnes of touring inspiration. Since the magazine launched in 2001, it has become the top destination for friendly motorhome advice and insight, the website bringing all the magazine’s expert content into one place. The website was relaunched in 2014 which saw it rebuilt from the ground up to work as well on smartphones and tablets as on your desktop, as well as bringing social media and video integration.
Additionally both brands benefit from a TV show which airs in Sky and Freesat, showcasing the latest ‘vans and products as well as offering inspirational travel content and informative advice. The brands also have thriving social media followings and number of prestigious award schemes to boot.
The role is a newly created one within Haymarket's Outdoor Leisure team, as New Business Exec you are responsible for generating new business revenues in print and online from core and non-core markets, this will feed business into our account managers for them to nurture and grow. You will be expected to work closely with numerous internal stakeholders, to include; Editorial, Product Management and Brand management, Creative Solutions and Ad Ops and Production to maximise revenue potential around standard display, online campaigns and specials.
Working across a vast array of clients you will be able to develop and convert new business relationships by proactively servicing your clients, providing insight on new products, our platforms and audiences and the latest industry insights.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you are responsible for maximising revenues for your product
through volume and yield of sales from your assigned client base. This will include;
• The canvassing and closing of new business in line with revenue and volume targets set out by your line manager
• The passing of high quality bookings to Account Managers for future business growth
• The achievement of agreed performance and behavioural KPIs
• Attendance and involvement in key events unique to the leisure industry
• The active participation in and implementation of any personal or team based training
• Contributing to the team ethic and being a positive ambassador within the team
Key Performance Indicators
• A minimum of 50 calls per day
• A minimum of 20 effective calls per day (speaking with a decision maker and gaining relevant
• A minimum of 60 minutes on the phone per day
• 100% Client coverage over a 3 month period
• Respond to sales enquiries within 48hrs
• Address invoice queries within 48hrs of notification
• Client meeting as required
• Maximise revenues from an existing client base in accordance with targets/leads.
• Actively source and close new leads
• Maximise revenue from previously spending clients
• Pass booked clients to Account Managers
• Effectively manage your time and use appropriate selling techniques at appropriate times of the day to ensure you are effectively selling across all platforms (Print, Online & Specials)
• Ensure all agreed activity and performance KPI’s are reached within the agreed timeframes
• Adhere to the rate card or an agreed level of discount at all times
• Ensure that you fully incorporate the approved/trained selling methods at all times
• Provide accurate feedback re your current sales performance as and when required
• Ensure your line manager is made aware of any issues re any of your clients or other team members in a prompt manner
• Be adaptable and creative, suggesting new sales ventures and be able to drive any online element
• Maintain contact with key decision makers within your client base as outlined in your KPIs
• Proactively service customers, developing strong relationships and keeping clients up to date with initiatives
• Provide a professional, courteous and effective service to both external and internal contacts at all times
• Manage client queries in a swift and professional manner liaising with accounts department as and when required.
• Be clear and outline all the details of any agreement including terms and conditions of cancellation
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of your product, market and competitor products/positioning
• Monitor competition, be aware of other advertising activity and digital trends
• Project sales on a weekly/monthly basis for your assigned client base
• Ensure effective use of appropriate sales/market information
• Offer positive contributions within team discussions and meetings
• Treat all fellow team members with respect, both publicly and privately
• Actively participate in group or individual training
• Keep the team involved and up to date with your activity to maximise sales team revenue
• Contribute towards a positive and energized sales environment
• Be a positive ambassador for your team and brand within Haymarket Media Group
• Maintain client base and ensure all records are up to date
• All data that is entered onto the system must be accurate and succinct
• Bookings must be entered accurately and succinctly on the system at every level
• Be able to adapt and use new sales and reporting tools introduced by the business
• All administration set by your manager must be completed accurately and on time
• Assist the Senior Sales Exec with page requirements, leads lists, market share and flat planning as required.