Junior Web Designer
We are looking for a Junior Web Designer to join a lovely fashion company based in the Shoreditch area. This company look after 5 brands and are growing very rapidly around the globe.
You will be working closely with 3 other Designers as well as the content and social media team, Ecommerce trading team and brand team.
Supporting the design team with the production of branded digital assets across 5 brands, turning commercial briefs into reality whilst creating a consistent brand experience for their customer base. You will be expected to support the creation of a range of assets, from on-site banners & emails to the design of offline creatives. Technically strong but with an eye for creative design, you will be involved with the graphical aspects of the website.
- Create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and good aesthetic design
- Create the look and layout of responsive landing pages for the website including the design, layout and editing of code.
- Design and create responsive weekly emails using a range of templates. The ability to tweak and amend the code of these templates would be needed.
- Update homepages on the websites, helping to maintain content across the sites, such as category banners
- Produce designs that are user-friendly, effective and appealing
- Liaise with internal clients to understand their business requirements
- Present design proposals that match the given brief and re-work where needed
- Propose and explore better ways of working that increase efficiency within the team
- Seek out and report performance of own work on a regular basis
- Support internal colleagues to ensure all internal deadlines are met – working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong understanding of Ecommerce principles
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- Strong computer skills
- Confidence, to present and explain ideas to colleagues
- A proven ability to turn a brief into reality, whilst visually representing the brand in a strong, recognisable way.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
- Experience working in a fashion environment is highly desirable
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good understanding of HTML & CSS
- Ability to use programmes Dreamweaver and Photoshop with confidence
- Familiar with working on CMS platforms, coding emails and responsive web design
- A portfolio of work which includes some fashion/retail experience
If you are interested in this role then please send through your CV and samples as soon as you can so we can consider you for the role.