Planning & Business Director (Part-time) Trade Body - London
An award-winning advertising trade body seeks an experienced Planning & Business Director from the advertising, marketing or media agency space to join their busy Audience Relations team.
This is a part time role (3-4 days a week) with the primary function to build advertiser relationships by increasing the volume and quality of direct communications. The Planning & Business Director will jointly head up a planning team which manages the communications and services for agency and advertisers.
You’ll work with a team to deliver training sessions, bespoke presentations, creating events through to building relationships with key stakeholders.
The key elements of the role will be as follows-
- Lead the organisation’s planning and support effort for the industry.
- Develop a strategy that ensures the organisation has contact with all major advertisers
- Work with the senior team to execute this strategy by arranging meetings, creating and delivering bespoke presentations.
- Be the expert on category specific challenges and opportunities faced by advertisers
- Build relationships with key members of the media agency community
- Oversee media agency relationships and training programmes.
- Management of a Planning Controller
- Liaising with agencies and advertisers to support them in their ad planning needs
- Judging the trade body advertising planning awards.
The Ideal Candidate
Coming from a media or creative agency you’ve an in-depth knowledge of the main advertising sectors as well as understanding marketing objectives and challenges advertisers face. You’ll be well versed in the fundamental principles that drive marketing effectiveness and have a passion for all advertising mediums. Of course, you have excellent presentation and communication skills and an obsessive attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be creative, collaborative, positive and persuasive, able to interact with research colleagues, agencies, advertisers, journalists and, not least, the Board. You’re an inspirational leader, able to motivate staff and encourage collaboration and teamwork.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for flexibility and consistency in their job, whilst remaining in a highly influential position in a well-respected organisation at the heart of the advertising industry.
Interested in the role? Then click "Apply" and submit your CV along with a few lines on why you think you have the wow factor.
To considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.