Delegate Sales team - Team Leader
Job Title: Delegate Sales team - Team Leader
Brand: HBM Forums & Awards
This is a sales role within the forums and awards division at Haymarket Business Media. The role will work across a number of brands within HBM including Campaign, C&IT, PRWeek and Third Sector. As we expand our hugely successful sales team, we’re looking for an account manager who wants their next step in sales. The Team Leader will report into the Group Sales Manager and, alongside them, will be responsible for day-to-day team management. They will also be responsible for their own brands to help drive delegate revenue/acquisition for an array of different forums and awards.
- Day-to-day management of the delegate sales team
- Weekly report production, including call stats, conversion rates, data quality, etc
- Direct sales, including delegate recruitment, award entries and table sales
- Lead sourcing from competitor events/awards
- Qualifying prospects to ensure they meet the criteria of each event
- Managing/building own pipeline and follow-up calls
- Liaising with senior management, producers, event managers, marketing and data team on sales strategy, sales pitches, objection management and target market profiling
- Reporting to Groups Sales Manager with pipeline/forecast/conversion rates
- Attending brand and event meetings when needed.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Sales Executive/Account Manager with all the skills required to be successful in this role (articulate, numerate, a team player, with people management skills) but we also want somebody to bring their own flair to our business. You will be the brand ambassador for all projects you are working on, so it is imperative that you quickly familiarise yourself with the portfolio and all the teams involved in each project/event. Delegate sales experience would be a bonus but is not essential (ongoing training will be provided).
Key Skills Required:
- Leading from the front
- Excellent telephone manner
- Goal driven, resilient and hungry to win business
- The ability to 'deliver' against KPIs
- Organisation and time management skills are key
- Able to use own initiative and work proactively
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment
Competitive Salary (plus commission)