Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager upto £34K basic+commission.
Partnership-based consultative face-to-face direct sales to luxury brands.
Based at home, you will be joining the company at a key stage of its rapid expansion and will be expected to bring with you a mature and professional approach to driving commercial revenues through print, digital, sponsorship and event sales from an established set of categories wishing to target the North West’s HNW residents. These luxury lifestyle categories include fashion, accessories, watches & jewellery, interiors, food & drink, finance, travel and transportation. This position requires someone with a strong ‘hunter’ mentality & you will need to demonstrate experience in searching for/delivering significant commercial wins but also possess well-honed interpersonal skills/a proven track record of successfully developing profitable & sustainable client relationships over time.
This role involves being passionate about all things luxury and being able to commercialise a series of integrated opportunities across a broad spectrum of media. You will be working alongside exceptionally talented editorial and design teams. You will thrive by being part of a newly-reformed, highly-effective commercial team working within an exciting and diverse marketplace.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· 3+ years’ experience of new business development within publishing or luxury industries
· Self-starter, senior-level commercial approach, motivated, able to work independently
· Experience of successfully selling to at least one of the designated luxury categories (above), ideally watches and jewellery as a primary focus.
· Thorough understanding of the luxury landscape and associated opportunities/challenges
· Agency contacts & experience of proactively developing, pitching and closing integrated proposals for major brands
· Highly driven to succeed ,competitive, assertive and unhappy unless you’re regularly at the top
· Intuitive understanding of deal structures that will secure the business/create repeat custom
· Excellent written and oral communication skills -computer (MS Office, Excel, Google Drive) capability
· Hugely organised, efficient, able to work to tight deadlines (ideally experience of monthlies) and deliver quality results
· Experience in effective negotiations at mid/senior level
· Proven track record of regular revenue achievement
· A clear sense of urgency and ability to close deals monthly
· Active listener who takes the time to understand the client’s business
· Exceptionally professional and results-focused, able to present complex partnership-type propositions with gravitas, enthusiasm and proactivity.
· Used to a consultative relationship-driven sales approach
· Multi-tasker with an engaging and likeable personality. People buy from you because they trust you and believe in what you are recommending.
· You are highly-presentable and fit our marketplace
Compensation package – based on experience
Attendance at regular networking events with editors
25 days holiday
Company iPad Air plus mobile phone contribution
Workplace pension after 3 months
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly