Senior Account Director (FTC) Shopper Marketing Agency-London
A strategically and creatively led Shopper Marketing agency is looking for a Senior Account Director for fixed term contract (FTC) starting ASAP.
Our client, based in London, are part of a global network with 35 offices worldwide who work with top global brands across Europe, Asia and the US, and are the shopper marketing arm of the network, connecting brands with shoppers and finding innovative and effective ways of engaging shoppers and customers.
The Senior Account Director is a critical role, as you will be leading a team who manage and deliver work for a global FMCG brand and is one of the agency's most prestigious and important clients. Some of the responsibilities of your role will include:
- Driving the creative ambition for the account whilst pushing boundaries.
- Heavily involved in the day-to-day business, including running your own projects; providing support to the BD, as appropriate.
- Helping to shape the articulation of ideas using client, brand and shopper knowledge
- Motivating the team to consistently develop insightful briefs
- Directing projects with autonomy from client briefing to final output.
- Building trusting, honest and influential relationships with clients through exceptional levels of client service
- Working with the planner to develop strategic recommendations, Shopper and E-Commerce toolkits, playbooks and guidelines
Is this you?
The Senior Account Director will have at least eight to ten years previous agency account handling experience within a shopper or integrated agency, with a good understanding of the activation, shopper marketing and digital disciplines, FMCG experience preferred. Experience of working with and managing traffic, creative and studio departments and ensuring the team is delivered to brief and on time.
- Relationships builder who shares critical information across the team. Seeks opinions and where appropriate facilitates discussion to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- High commercial acumen creating opportunities to develop new revenue streams.
- Strong analytical & negotiation skills and the ability to build a productive relationship with procurement
- Able to have difficult conversations in a confident and timely manner
- A brave thinker who is imaginative and innovative in approach, demonstrating a broad perspective.
- Manages by example and inspires commitment and enthusiasm within the team
- Creates an environment and culture that allows the team to maximise their strengths and manage and archive their individual and knowledge and skills
- Solid experience of team management demonstrating outstanding proactive leadership and motivational skills, and the ability to lead a team of young, vibrant and talented individuals
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to articulate yourself clearly astutely and concisely with your team and clients.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to build and maintain productive and trusting relationships with clients, colleagues and with partner agencies
Salary: £55K to £65K
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
If you have evidence of these skills and attributes then we urge you to get in touch so that we can spill the beans on who this agency is and the client you will be working with. Please get in touch ASAP by sending your CV via the link.