Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager - Global Motorsports Brand - £70,000 - £80,000 + benefits
Software Development Manager - The Client
Currently working with a world renowned motorsport brand with UK offices based in London and Kent. With a prestigious heritage and forward facing approach, they have diversified extensively after restructuring and have begun to explore new areas to enhance their market presence.
Software Development Manager - Your Role
They are in the process of developing an extensive portfolio of digital products and are looking for someone to lead the development and integration of APIs, Micro-services, and integrated SaaS solutions. This role will be a strategic position to lead the full life-cycle of development projects, from initial defining requirements, to delivery and integration.
Software Development Manager - Your Responsibilities
* Lead the software team; a group with a broad range of skills and expertise, in the design of high quality first class products.
* To be responsible and take ownership for, and when necessary be able to undertake, all aspects of the software development process, from requirements gathering through to final testing and support.
* Ensure projects are kept aligned with business interests, including on-budget and on-time.
* Provide regular updates to both team and group manager on team/project progress.
* Provide guidance, mentoring and support of technical and non-technical subjects to team.
* Research and quickly understand new technologies, processes, strategies and tools as led by both team and project requirements.
* Identify and oversee research into future product opportunities of interest to the business.
* Undertake performance reviews with team members.
* Identify and organise team training and professional development.
* To operate safely at all times in line with Company health and safety requirements.
* To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your manager may assign to you from time to time.
Software Development Manager - Your Skills
* Has led large (>1 year, >£1M budget), high-profile, multi-discipline software projects.
* Experience of leading a team, understanding resource skills, and planning and delegating work accordingly.
* Experience of managing budgets, forecasting and dealing with suppliers, contractors and other third parties.
* Strong background in the software domain, including use of a wide range of technologies and platforms
* Breadth and depth of software knowledge to allow sound technical decision making
* Excellent understanding of C#/.NET, WCF and Windows Services
* Experienced in working Object Orientated Design and UML
* Experienced in using XML, XSLTs and defining XSDs
* Working knowledge of communication technologies such as HTML, Websockets, SignalR, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP etc.
* Basic understanding of at least a few of these areas:
- SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS
You'll be joining a vibrant and dedicated team - focused on cutting edge Tech! You'll have the opportunity to develop a diverse skillset in the latest technologies and have clear-cut opportunities for progression. If this is the Development Manager role for you then APPLY NOW!!
We have a range of Tech and Development roles on at the moment from £20,000 - £130,000
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "HARRY MAGUIRE". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Harry Maguire| DD: 020 78 45 72 66- email@example.com Please notes all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly