We have an exciting opportunity for a Creative Director to lead an in-house creative and content studio. The studio focuses on developing our clients award winning, advertising partnership capabilities, creating fantastic content and commercially led partnership solutions for clients across multiple platforms. The role also has responsibility for corporate design.
On the commercial side, scaled, audience-led solutions and partnerships are becoming increasingly important for clients and play a significant role in growing our clients advertising revenue. As a result, the studio team is responsible for the ideation and delivery of all advertising partnerships across over 75+ brands.
The studio consolidates commercial content creation into a single team which includes content, design, video, digital production and project management producing exceptionally high quality work for the advertising teams, across three locations. They also create standalone content and provide content and creative services for external clients.
As the quality of the work is high they are increasingly being asked to pitch full creative agency services to external clients, and this is a target area for revenue growth.
This primary purpose of the role is to provide the creative spark to this commercial process and oversee the creative direction of all content created by the studio. You'll love delivering for clients and relish the pitch process, understanding how to turn briefs and client objectives into brilliant ideas, pitches and award winning work. You'll be the face of creativity in the market and will enjoy being out and about meeting our clients and agencies, and be comfortable speaking at events and trade shows. The Creative Director will inject fresh ideas and energy into pitching for and executing both complex campaigns and day to day booked work, ensuring you are continuing to push creative boundaries and be the very best.
In addition to inspiring the team's creativity and helping to deliver on our commercial goals, the role involves leading the creative team which is made up of four functions - Design, Content, Video and Digital Production. This talented team produces all commercial content from native content, print advertorials, microsites, apps, cinemagraphs and supplements to TV ads and 3D videos.
The Creative Director also supports the delivery and visual representation of our clients corporate identity and branding through corporate and marketing communications. This requires partnership and collaboration with the senior Leadership Team including the CEO as well as Corporate Comms and PR.
* A truly creative leader, able to generate a stream of inspirational ideas, with substantial commercial experience, preferably at a creative agency, and a portfolio of projects which have been successfully brought to life.
* Proven leadership skills and the ability to build high performing teams. Strong experience in spotting talent, developing and mentoring people, and creating a positive culture and team spirit.
* Experience and successful track record in creating compelling commercial pitches and proposals.
* Confident and comfortable to represent creative content at commercial pitches and act as an ambassador at industry events
* Skilled in developing new, innovative concepts, for commercial propositions in digital and print
* A good collaborator and relationship builder - able to work well within a matrix and handle complexity. Knowledge of consumer digital markets, magazines, social media, video and other relevant platforms in the UK
* Knowledge of the various current and upcoming digital publishing platforms including desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, tablet and connected TV
* Experience of video / film preferable
* A passion for consumer media
* Thrives working in a broad role with diverse deadlines and pressures and retains composure under pressure so that he/she is able to take the team through any busy or challenging periods
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We anticipate a high level of interest in this role and regret only successful applicants will be contacted.