Circa £ 38- £40,000 p.a. London, Permanent
About the role
In this exciting role, you will create marketing campaigns both digital and traditional and manage projects that will increase CAN’s media and sector profile, drive lead generation and convert enquiries to sales for all CAN products and services. You will understand segmentation and be used to deploying proven techniques to target different customers for different products and services.
Having a passion for creating new ideas and finding new ways to work more effectively will enable you to assist CAN in its ambitious growth targets and ensure that the CAN Brand and product propositions are the first choice for our target customer base. You will prepare and deliver the marketing plan and have responsibility for the group marketing budget and be tasked to deliver this with an effective ROI.
Managing external agencies will come naturally to you, preparing briefs, project managing, campaign evaluation, conducting agency reviews, selection of new agencies and managing resource to external resource is effectively used.
As an enthusiastic and confident communicator, you will feel comfortable presenting, writing and delivering information to a varied audience and at all levels.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working in the Social Sector, be currently or recently have worked for a charity/social enterprise or not for profit organisation and will be excited to work within a fast paced, challenging but rewarding environment.
To be considered for this role, you will need proven Marketing and management skills with the experience of creating and delivering proven successful marketing and communication campaigns. You will have knowledge of the sector, understand the dynamics of both Charities, Social Enterprises and not for profit organisations.
The ability to work using your own initiative to manage and plan your own workload and make informed decisions with minimal supervision is essential.
- Manage the Marketing and Communication (internal and external) function for CAN and directly report to the Director, Sales and Marketing.
- Produce and manage an effective marketing plan, in line with the strategy, that delivers on the agreed commercial and value targets for the financial year
- Manage and recruit a team of 2 marketing executives and work alongside the knowledge management executive, performing a man management and team member function.
- Develop an on-line digital strategy for CAN that includes: a) Web site development and performance b) SEO plan and performance c) Social media utilisation and blog activity, d) Live Chat activity e) CANNECT (Internal on-line communication platform)
- Opportunity to source and introduce an internal design resource for in-house design: Posters, leaflets, email etc.
- Effectively manage existing and new agencies, suppliers and consultants.
- Use segmentation techniques and research to develop effective advertising and communication activities to target customers.
- Manage the marketing budget and delivering an effective ROI.
- A proven track record of managing the “Marketing Mix” within a Not for profit environment
- Proven experience in making bold decisions, using creative thinking for problem solving and being able to take initiative and think commercially when prioritising workload.
- Have a natural flair and passion for communicating with people and desire to make a difference in society.
- Be a clear leader and project manager, delivering activities from inception to completion on budget and with maximum return.
CAN will have been established for 20 years in September 2018 and are a registered charity and Social Enterprise.
We have an asset value of over £40m, run 5 Serviced offices in central London exclusively for charities, social enterprises and not for profit organisations and have a turnover of just under £6m, customer base of over 1,300 people and are home to 170 organisations.
Our Vision is for a strong, impactful social economy that creates a better society.
We deliver on this by addressing the three key barriers: Premises, Skill and Finance.
- Collaborative: We work collaboratively, share skills & knowledge
- Restless: Driven with creative hunger, we challenge norms, harnessing passion and energy to deliver.
- Inclusive: Approachable, flexible and caring we have faith in people, respect individuality and give a voice.
- Bold: We take risks, act transparently, with integrity, honesty and courage to challenge and be heard.
How to apply
Please send a supporting statement and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your own skills, experience and qualities and matching them to our key responsibilities, core competencies and values.
A short presentation, on a choice of subjects will be required to be prepared for the interview, details are provided on application.
Closing date: April 23rd, 2018
Interviews: week commencing 30th April 2018
CAN strives to be an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minority groups and from people with disabilities.