Director of Communications
EMR are working with a leading autonomous vehicle software developer to recruit a Director of Communications who can grow the company's audience, develop relationships with the press and stakeholders, and nurture the company's position as they gear up for Level 4 autonomous vehicle tests in London by 2019.
As Director of Communications, you will be driven and entrepreneurial in your thinking and will work closely with the founders, CEO and others on the Exec Team, as well as scientists and engineering leaders across the business.
You do not have to have experience of working in the automotive industry but will be keen to learn about the company's technology, engineering, regulation and legislation and be passionate about bringing a safe autonomous vehicle service to our cities.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating and implementing the overall Communications strategy, including campaigns for events and future launches/tests.
- Developing planning cycles, review sign off processes primarily for the PR and Communications function.
- Driving internal engagement with communications and managing PR and Public Affairs agencies.
- Creating and strengthening relationships with key press, government and industry figures in order to position the company strongly.
- Creating message tracks and communications which deliver positive, consistent messaging to target audiences.
- Responsible for owning output across all of our digital assets, including website and social media.
- Support our team members of all backgrounds and experience levels with media coaching.
You will have the following experience:
- Led a marketing or communications capability within a disruptive, deep technology business owning planning cycles, brand campaigns, product campaigns, corporate communications and reactive management of issues.
- Delivered a social media strategy and plan which drives engagement.
- Created high quality communications yourself and led external agencies.
- Shaped a company narrative with the press and influencer community.
- Tracked and measured communications activity to understand and optimise results.
If you feel you have the skills and experience please apply now!