The Company: National Leisure Company who expect commitment and hard work which is rewarded with flexible working when needed and excellent employee development and training opportunities.
The Role: Working within a growing PR team and as part of a large marketing department, the PR Officer is responsible for managing the reputation of the organisation through the planning and development of PR strategies and delivering a positive and impactful PR plan. This is a new role which has been developed due to continued success and growth of the business and will specifically focus on national and trade focused PR activity as well as supporting a new area of the business with PR delivery.
- Plan, develop and deliver PR strategy
- Building relationships and regularly meeting with journalists
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases
- Selling stories to media contacts both nationally and locally
- Manage any crisis communications- includes being on call when needed
- Assist with organising events such as community days or new site launches; ensure all relevant press contacts are in attendance
- Develop relationships with all stakeholders across the business
The Candidate: You will have previous experience within a PR role, either agency side or in-house. With strong written skills and excellent verbal communication skills, you will be comfortable liaising with stakeholders of all levels and have experience of developing relationships with media contacts. With a highly organised and flexible approach, you will thrive in a busy working environment and be happy to travel to other sites as and when required so therefore a full driving license is essential. Previous experience of working within the leisure and/or health industry would be advantageous.
As well as the salary, the benefits which accompany the role are as follows; 20 days holiday + BH, free gym membership, pension, retail discount.
This PR Officer role is commutable from Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire
PR Officer, Leicestershire, £compet