Product Manager, c£50,000 - £55,000 - Leicestershire
This leading global provider of premium branded products and solutions to the fast changing and growing image capture and sharing market are now looking for a Product Manager for one of their premium brands to join them base in Leicestershire.
This position will coordinate all activities connected to the development, launch and management of the assigned product category and/or customer segment with responsibility of defining volume, price and profitability targets.
The role is a 360 product management role and will require fairly frequent travel both within the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct market analysis and understand end user needs through direct presence in the field via working days with cinematographers, broadcasters and videographers, interviews with DOP's and key grip players, visits to dealers and specialist rental houses, continuous web monitoring.
- Conduct regular updates on competitor actions and competitor scenario.
- Support the Global Director to define guidelines and strategic 3 year product roadmaps for the product category managed.
- Implement guidelines of product category managed at divisional level.
- Propose and define, with the Global Director, new product development proposals, working together with sales and distribution functions for specific customer segments and target sales channels.
- Define product briefs and provide continuous feedback to R&D for and during concept, design and product development projects.
- Coordinate and manage, jointly with R&D, Operations, Sales, Communications, Web, Trade Marketing and Customer Service, all activities necessary to the launch of new products in order to guarantee target costs and new products' time to market.
- Monitor price and sales trends as well as product profitability to identify required improvements and action plans.
- Coordinate and support the implementation and roll out of communications, including product launch packs etc., and all activities related to own brand / product categories also driving participation in relevant trade fairs and other product/brand promotional events.
- Actively participate in monthly meetings for the review of ongoing development projects to ensure active participation as well as marketing and sales meetings, distribution companies and/or independent distributors to align them on new product introductions and other marketing activities.
This role manages a premium lighting brand and so experience working in/with professional lighting covering one of the following channels: cinema, broadcast, professional videography, or professional studio photography would be extremely beneficial.
The successful individual will have excellent product management skills and solid experience of product positioning through communication activities. You will ideally also have experience of working within an organisation that operates a matrix management system or at least requires a high level of collaboration and interdependence with other functions.
Lastly you must be available to travel around 30% of your working time and have a good knowledge and/or personal interest of the imaging/lighting market.
Blue Skies are managing the full recruitment process for this organisation. Please therefore contact Jessie at Blue Skies to discuss or apply.