FMCG Marketing Manager - Major Drinks Brand
Fantastic opportunity to lead a category leading drinks brand - well invested in, largest in portfolio and growing year on year - a major focus for a significant business, the jewel in the crown for this company. Reporting to the Marketing Director you'll have full responsibility for the direction of the brand - strategic development, planning and activation of the Annual Brand Plan and ensuring this plan delivers revenue and profit targets with the goal of maximising long term equity and brand profitability, working cross-functionally on all growth initiatives.
You'll be a well-rounded, commercial FMCG marketer with experience across the mix, strong on agency management and ideally also with sports sponsorship and drinks/on trade experience. There are two direct reports to manage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop the brand vision and lead the execution of the Brand Plan.
- Innovation - define and implement exciting NPD that strengthens the overall brand in a rapidly evolving market.
- Brand analytics - tracking brand results, diagnosing business drivers, and recommending appropriate actions.
- Ensuring marketing activity builds brand equity and maintains the brands category leading levels of loyalty.
- Developing strong working relationships with other teams to ensure strategic platforms and NPD are aligned to the brand vision and strategy.
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the mix including leading relationships with key agencies (media, advertising, PR, and digital).
- Working with the sales teams to optimise sales across the different sales channels (on trade, off trade and export).
- Graduate calibre with proven marketing success in a leading FMCG business (ideally with On Trade/BWS/drinks experience).
- Ability to foster strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Creative and analytical mind, you will use data to support compelling strategies and executional plans.
- Prior experience and proven success in managing external agency relationships.
- Experience in developing integrated plans across all touch points from media to on pack.
- In-depth knowledge and proven results on brands distributed in UK multiple grocers.
- Savvy with continuous and panel data as well as familiar with all market research techniques.
- Ideally sports sponsorship experience. Export experience also beneficial.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Ability to develop strategies which produce step-change business results
- Passionate about consumers and understanding of brands and the need for emotional connection with consumers
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer innovative solutions
- Commercially savvy with a good understanding of drivers of profitability (full P&L responsibility)
- Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying compelling vision
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately
This is a highly exposed and important role with total ownership of a major brand with a premium positioning and a very strong place in the market. A great opportunity to join a fast-paced, exciting business with big scale and have a real impact in a newly created level of role. There is lots of interaction with the board so you'll be a confident, assertive marketer with the ability to influence and manage upwards when it comes to stakeholder management. You'll be a true brand champion with a tenacious ability to deliver projects on time, a resilient, ambitious approach, and an ability to energise and develop people.
This position could suit a Senior Brand Manager from an FMCG brand management background taking a step up or a more seasoned senior FMCG marketer looking for a new challenge with lifestyle benefits.
*Please note we try to respond to all applications but due to the volume we receive sometimes we're not able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates. If your application has been successful you can expect to hear from us within 2-5 days.