Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - £50k basic, OTE £150k - Manchester OR London
(Flexible working arrangements)
Put simply, this company operate one of the most successful customer loyalty and incentive schemes in the UK. They partner up with thousands of restaurants across the country to offer businesses the opportunity to drive customer acquisition, build loyalty and increase spend.
It will be your job to approach Marketing Directors, Procurement Directors or Commercial Directors to explain the product and the results it can achieve.
Identify sales leads, to pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with any contacts you bring into the business. This role will suit someone from a SALES or PARTNERSHIPS background.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing - ABM
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company's products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- To work with the Head of Sales and Trade Marketing Manager to develop sales strategies for target markets goals for the team and ensuring they are met
- There will be a minor requirement to write reports and provide feedback to senior management
The ideal candidate
- A natural sales person who is experienced, self-motivated, and able to work to clear objectives.
- Strong communications skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be socially adept in order to be comfortable with simple chats on the phone all the way through to lunches, events or conferences.
- A relationship builder, confident at representing the business in any environment.
Additional skills that would be beneficial;
- Commercially minded and bright
- Leadership skills - eventually this role will evolve into a management position
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
What's in it for you?
As you might expect being an incentive business, this company know how to reward their staff.
Aside from being able to earn double your salary in bonuses, you can expect;
- Subsidised health and dental care
- Free meals out
- 3% pension
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday
If you'd like more info, please apply now or contact or 01844 355790