Communications and Events Executive
Terms & Conditions
Salary from £25,985 plus up to 10% bonus on a pro rata basis. Download Terms & Conditions for full details.
Cifas is the UK’s leading fraud prevention service, managing the largest confirmed fraud database in the country. We have more than 400 member organisations from all sectors, sharing their data across those sectors to reduce instances of fraud and financial crime.
Since 1988, Cifas has operated as a not-for-profit fraud prevention membership organisation, helping its members and customers protect themselves from billions of pounds worth of fraud losses. By using the latest technology to facilitate communication and the sharing of information, Cifas is able to reduce fraud across the UK and help to protect innocent victims.
We are a growing organisation with considerable ambitions to expand our membership to new areas of the economy. Cifas has been working hard to raise its profile with members, stakeholders, industry and the wider public to tackle the fraud and financial crime threat and help protect people and organisations from falling victim. To help us continue this work, we are now recruiting for a Communications and Events Executive.
About the role
The Communications and Events Executive will join our award-winning busy communications department that has expertise in events, media, digital communications, marketing and publications.
The role will provide an excellent development opportunity; ideally for a graduate with an interest in pursuing a career in media, marketing or digital communications, or someone with relevant or transferable skills looking to develop in these areas.
The post holder will provide general administrative support to all areas of the Communications team. Your day-to-day role will be varied - on any given day, you could be collating content for our digital channels; monitor our social media accounts; handling media enquiries and reporting on coverage; and organising and supporting our events and engagement activities such as our flagship Annual Conference. You’ll be willing to roll your sleeves up and do routine tasks but also be able to contribute your ideas and opinions to the strategy and planning aspect of the team’s work.
- Familiarity with digital channels such as social media and websites
- Well organised with an ability to multi-task
- Personable and professional, and able to relate well to colleagues and external contacts. Clear spoken English, especially on the telephone, and accurate written English
- Willing and able to learn new skills and adapt to new systems
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office package, with the ability to create, edit and integrate basic documents and spreadsheets and manage online calendars
- Comfortable with learning or developing knowledge of communications software such as website content management systems and Dreamweaver
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work to multiple deadlines.
- Experienced user of software packages including Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Previous experience in a busy communications department
- Ability to use all office equipment and systems confidently
- A minimum of one year’s administrative experience in an office or similar environment.
- Candidates are requested to submit an up-to-date CV and a covering letter detailing their interest in the role, and how they meet the requirements.
- Closing date for submissions:
Applications Closing Date - 19/05/18