An exciting Strategy Director opportunity, working within an established strategy team across a great network. The purpose of the strategy team is to lead, challenge and support all of clients. Working with one of their biggest clients within the telecoms sector in a division set up to exclusively manage the needs of this client.
The Strategy Director will have a high profile role within the organisation with a lot of contact with local and senior management. You will be part of new business and pitch work, along with thought leadership, and agency representation. You will be contributing to strategic comms planning for the client as part of an integrated agency planning hub.
- You will be responsible for leading the strategic vision on communications planning and media pitches across sectors
- You will be working with CMO level within the client’s organisation to set the vision and agenda for the client and work with the day to day planning teams to develop a clear roadmap to realise the vision
- You will work with the client to get to grips with their real business
- You are an opportunity spotter and a collaborator thinker – someone who can cast the right team behind them, motivate this team around the task and deliver excellent all round solutions
- You have considerable ‘deep digital and tech’ expertise within the team and agency
- You will be responsible for contributing to strategic direction on the Agency pitches. Driving the process from start to finish, ensuring that they deliver first class strategy and work
- Being a leader and advocate of the group planning process – ensuring the process is used effectively within the client planning teams and also implementing best practice
- Being a ‘thought leader’, both within the agency and across the industry. Taking a vocal point of view on industry issues and driving positioning
- You have proven media agency experience
- You will have an excellent understanding of the media landscape as well as a strong appreciation of wider owned, shared and earned communications channels
- You will have knowledge of digital media, and ideally a good understanding of both brand and performance planning and an understanding of how to integrate the 2 disciplines
- You will have a can-do attitude and be able to get on with a myriad of different types of people.
- You should be driven to achieve results in a friendly manner but at the same time maintain quality and standards
- You will need to have strong communication skills, with the confidence to push back on clients where appropriate
- You should have experience of being the primary contact on a medium sized piece of business, whilst simultaneously juggling a number of other larger sized pieces of business alongside an Account Director
- You have high energy, are positive, with a can-attitude
This role is paying up to £70000 plus amazing benefits!