Senior Brand & Comms Planning Manager
Fixed term contract for 10 months
We are looking for a committed and driven individual to join us as Senior Brand & Comms Planning Manager to play a critical role in the strategic development of the Save the Children brand in the UK.
Our Marketing and Fundraising divisions exist to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Senior Brand & Comms Planning Manager you will help lead the strategic element of the Brand teams remit and be responsible for leading and developing strategies and brand plans that build the brand in the UK, in the immediate and longer term. You will also be responsible for helping to develop the brand’s positioning within the organisation and provide strategic support for brand building campaigns. In addition you will:
- Create compelling brand plans and help develop strategies around delivering them, inspired and grounded in insight and our brand tracking results
- Feed into the communications planning process to ensure brand is at the heart of our output
- Create insightful and compelling creative briefs on brand projects and help to shape the Brand team’s briefs
- Inspire and engage staff about the brand, ensuring it is relevant, understood and actively developed across the organisation
- Keep up-to-date with brand and marketing related activity in the charity sector and beyond, and generally maintain a strong external orientation.
To be successful you will have experience of working with brands and on brand strategy, positioning and development, and the ability to provide expert guidance and advice on brand, coupled with strong influencing skills and backed up by audience insight. You will be motivated and excited by brands, with the ability to provide leadership within the Brand team to support the planning and execution of strategic brand deliverables. In addition, you will have:
- Excellent strategic thinking skills with good experience in long-term and short-term brand planning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to build rapport and credibility across multiple stakeholders, internally and externally at all levels
- The ability to set clear direction, prioritise ruthlessly and manage expectations of multiple stakeholders
- A track record of excellence in brand development and marketing
- Ideally, experience working as a Senior Brand Planning Manager in an agency environment.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 20th May 2018
Save the Children UK is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment. To see our full statement please visit this link: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/our-policies/diversity/
Save the Children UK has a comprehensive benefits package. To see our full offer please visit this link: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/what-we-offer/
Interview expenses: Candidates should note that unfortunately it is not our policy to reimburse expenses accrued when attending interviews at Save the Children UK unless you are requested to attend an interview in an alternative location to where the role is based.
Pre-employment Checks: Any Employment with Save the Children UK will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- a satisfactory police record check to include a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or an International Criminal Record Check (If applicable)
- receipt of satisfactory references
- proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this role