This is a rare opportunity for a switched on and ambitious Content Editor to take charge of all written, image and video content for our client, exciting start-up A PLACE LESS ORDINARY. aplo.co helps people to discover the most creative and extraordinary places to sleep, eat, drink, work etc in London and beyond.
You must be passionate, obsessed even, with ‘creative lifestyle’ across design, architecture, travel, hotels, food & drink, fashion, photography, unique experiences, pop ups etc. You must live this life, authentic passion and knowledge is key!
You will be an independent, driven, determined, curious type that takes pleasure in story-telling a celebration of the most interesting places, experiences and people in creative cities. Scratching behind the surface of the places and experiences that make London’s creative heart tick.
You will be working within a small team, where the lines between content, ideas, social media, marketing, creative blend together, and where content will be created and distributed by the team in a smart coherent way to inspire and engage new and existing community members.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to!) conceiving the content strategy and a stream of fresh ideas, creating and managing all content outputs (inc images, video, interactive), writing entertaining copy/ blog posts/ CRM newsletters/ features/ comms with community members etc.
- Personal experience of and interest in, using multiple social platforms and creating content for those platforms and their audiences
- Writing, whether for clients or own projects
- Growing communities and visitors through content marketing
- Experience of having working directly with marketing/ social media teams to understand the content that will work, inc basic paid knowledge ideally
- A mix of content creation across written, visual, video, and more.
- Experience of using video editing software ie Adobe Premiere
- Photography skills inc basic functions of a Digital SLR camera
- Experience of delivering content to strict deadlines
- Experience of using web based CMS
- Experience of using social media publishing systems (e.g. Tweetdeck)
- Image adapting software ie Adobe Photoshop or similar
- Able to work in a high pressure, ever changing creative environment with the ability to manage and work effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and confidence to drive/ input in creative and marketing discussions.
- Ability to develop ideas and communicate these with other team members and talent when on set.
- Excellent written skills will be required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ambition and energy (ok, not skills, but required anyway!)