Human Resources Assistant
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Assistant to join one of the most exciting architectural firms, specialising in the design of sports facilities, arenas and convention centers, as well as the planning of major special events.
The company is based in south London.
You would assist the Human Resources Team in delivering an effective and efficient HR service, and
continually look to improve processes and quality of support. To provide advice and guidance to
project leaders, line managers and employees on all aspects of people policies, practices and
processes. You would report directly to the HR Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for the end to end recruitment cycle
- Draft and post adverts on a variety of platforms, maintain the HR mailbox and applicant tracking
- systems, organise face to face or skype interviews, send regret letters
- Liaise with recruitment agencies regarding current vacancies and candidate placements
- Plan, co-ordinate and review work experience placements
New Joiners and Leavers
- Assist with all tasks on the new starter checklist (including):
- Set up electronic and manual personal files
- Ensure that employment references are obtained in a timely manner
- Conduct the welcome tour on first day, collect and file all documentation including contracts,
- qualification certificates and proof of eligibility to work
- Assist with the HR induction
- Coordinate the delivery of the company induction programme
- Record and track probation period progress and provide regular reports
- Assist with all tasks on the leaver checklist (including):
- Liaising with relevant internal and external parties
- Prepare and issue employee benefits packs upon reaching service eligibility criteria
- Notify insurance brokers of new joiners and leavers
- Contribute to the preparation of payroll information
Learning and Development
- Support the administration of the appraisal process
- Assist with organising and recording attendance at training courses
- Gather feedback and contribute to the review of training courses
- Ensure that all HR information systems and databases are accurate and up to date
- Manage the PTO (leave) booking and recording process
- Monitor weekly attendance records and highlight any issues
- Produce employment confirmation and reference letters as requested
- Update HR templates and HR information on the company intranet
- Provide general administrative support to the HR team as required
Communication skills (written and verbal)
Interpersonal skills - ability to build rapport and strong relationships; win the trust of colleagues; relate to others in a professional manner in all situations; manage conflict and challenge
Planning and organisational skills - ability to plan and organise own time effectively and prioritise tasks
Attention to detail - ability to complete tasks with concern for all aspects; establish thorough checking procedures
Ability to think fast, innovatively and propose solutions
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Ability to work independently - willingness to take responsibility for outcomes; ability to judge when to ask for guidance and when to take initiative
Ability to work collaboratively - willingness to lend a hand; be flexible in style and approach to changing demands.
Strong user knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Ability to use mail merge to create large-scale communications.
- Professional, self-motivated and proactive
- Customer service focus - seek to provide a high quality service
- Completer-finisher ensure processes are followed to their conclusion
- Good awareness of Employment Law
- Working knowledge of HR electronic platforms and databases
- Knowledge of recruitment software such as applicant tracking systems is desirable
- 2 years experience in pure HR role.
How to Apply Please send you're most up to date CV on the link below!
Apply for HR Assisant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly